Koodo Community
Solved

phone number change

• 30 July 2019
  • 5 replies

I am planning to change my phone number and wish to notify friends but not our customers. Can I send a notice to select contacts?
icon

Best answer by Goran 30 July 2019, 13:40

Nothing from the carrier side. It's all on you in order to let who you want to know.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can send a text to select contacts saying that youve changed it yes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nothing from the carrier side. It's all on you in order to let who you want to know.
Thanks to each of you.
I have over 400 contacts.....about 70% are business related and I want them off my personal phone. I hate to change my number (same one for many years) on friends and family but I guess it's the only way to stop getting pestered day and night on my personal phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you're still going to be calling them from your personal phone make sure you turn off outbound call display, otherwise they'll have your new number the first time you call them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
First, get a second new number for personal contacts from Koodo and notify your VIPs. Look at the appropriate app store for mass texting applications. You can also record a message on your voicemail and forward it to selected recipients.

Port your current number to a VoIP service and install their client app on your phone. This requires either a wifi or mobile data connection. Current client calls will ring thru on VoIP app only, outgoing calls will show VoIP number. You can shut down the app or ignore incoming calls when you want to effectively go "do not disturb".

Advantages: anyone not yet with the program can still reach you on the VoIP number. Second number only costs you VoIP fees. Two phones in one. Tax reporting and auditing simplied, since VoIP charges are all business.

Disadvantages: VoIP providers do not do text or picture messaging very well, but business clients can usually be persuaded to use email attachments instead. Data connection is required.