Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone not working in Iceland

Hello, I have a Canadian Komodo plan, and have added international texting for 75 text messages to send just to update my family on how it's going while i am in Iceland. I am however, unable to even connect to the network. How do I about doing this so I can send messages? My only luck this far has been wifi

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there. You would need to add the free international add-on package via self serve. It's called international roaming I think and it's a free add on. Keep us posted
It won't let me add this for whatever reason. I have enabled pay per use Intl service, but to add the roaming it says "you must have pay per use enabled". I don't have time for this and it's just getting really annoying. I was assured by the person at the kiosk at home that this would work 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roisin Fancypants wrote:

It won't let me add this for whatever reason. I have enabled pay per use Intl service, but to ad...

If it's not letting u add it please call customer care and tell them your having issues with self serve.
Roisin Fancypants wrote:

It won't let me add this for whatever reason. I have enabled pay per use Intl service, but to ad...

I sure would, if I had access to a phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roisin Fancypants wrote:

Call from google hangouts or Skype it's free. Google Koodo phone number and the toll free number shows up. If ur on here, u can do it. If u have a Gmail account it's on the left side near the bottom there's a little phone icon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Roisin Can you pls check if it works now? Just made some modifications on your line.
It seems to be working now. Not sure what you did, but thank you so much! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roisin Fancypants wrote:

It seems to be working now. Not sure what you did, but thank you so much! :)

Added international voice and text roaming. The free add-ons Robert mentioned above. Unfortunately it can't be added by you once you left Canada. So, I fixed it for you.