Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone not in service

I have this problem with my number that most of the times when someone calls me they get the message that my phone is not in service, but if I call them immediately they receive my call.  This happens with people on other service providers as well as koodo itself.  I know it's not a problem with the device as I hav etried the same thing on three different devices.  any idea why this might be happening?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Are you sure they are using the proper number? Try calling out to another device and make sure it is the same number your friends are trying.
Mathieu wrote:

Are you sure they are using the proper number? Try calling out to another device and make sure it...

Yes, they are calling my correct number.  Infact it was my boss who complained that I was not picking his phone and I demonstrated to him standing face to face, I call him him on his cell he gets the call, he calls me back on the same number and gets phone not in service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Are you sure they are using the proper number? Try calling out to another device and make sure it...

Are you a newer customer?  Did you port your number over from another service or prepaid?
Mathieu wrote:

Not a new customer, been with koodo for 6 years at same number. And the problem is not new either, friends had complained in the past too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

This has been happening the past 6 years?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi support team, I've got the same issue. I'm a new customer and brought my number over from another provider. What's the solution to this issue? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

How long have you been a Koodo user? It can take a few days for ported numbers to register throughout the broader system.
Mathieu wrote:

10 weeks now, so it should be registered. Right now I'm  in the USA and I havn't paid my bill yet, because my payment method wasn't accepted (I'm fixing that issue with a collegue of yours at the moment). Could one of those two facts affect the performance of my phone? 
It's happening to me too. Not "most of the times", but often enough to be a problem. Like other posters, I've been with Koodo for several years, and brought my number from another provider. Doesn't seem to be a billing problem; I have automatic payments and they're working fine.

Yesterday my dad tried to call me and got freaked out when he heard that my number was not in service. When he redialed the number an hour later we connected just fine.

Outgoing calls always work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kivi Shapiro wrote:

It's happening to me too. Not "most of the times", but often enough to be a problem. Like other p...

Hi Kivi,

Can you create your own post with the question and you can include all your reference links in one place.  Thanks
See also https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/says-out-of-service-when-someone-calls-me