Koodo Community

Community

Solved

phone not 3 months old can i return it get new one sence it wont charge at all

hasnt recharged in 2 days now getting pissed i never wanted the s3 anyway was my only option i want new phone not another peace garbage like s3

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you tried using another charger? If you wiggle the charging cord does it start charging? Have you tried restarting the device (if it's not already drained) You can't return the S3 since you're way beyond the 15 day buyers remorse period. But you do have a warranty for one year from the date of purchase. You'll need to call Koodo and arrange for warranty service. They'll have you ship the device in at their cost and they'll ship it off to samsung. As long as there's no physical or water damage, they'll fix it and send it back to you within a few weeks.
few weeks wtf guess i wont be paying my bill then till its replaced its not the cord its the socket on the phone were pluged in and the phone was go on 05/05 not 2 months ago was it kodoo has worse phone out or what my plug never left my room plug in get home unplug use or out and its still in mind shape never droped no damage what so ever so ya im pissed
and i comented last month about short in it on my last problem about the update so thats was under a month so it should be replaced or cancell my acc refund my money
Userlevel 6
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

and i comented last month about short in it on my last problem about the update so thats was ...

Anything you buy and something goes wrong with it you can only return within about 15-30 days. Some you can't at all. You buy a car and the battery doesn't charge after a few months you can't get your money back or replace with a different car.
Userlevel 7
Am I missing something? Few weeks what?
Userlevel 1
First of all the S3 is a very good phone. The S3 a top of the line phone (until the release of the s4). But if you will not take the phone in for warranty repair there is only one option. That one option is to get a external battery charger. So you can charge the battery in the external battery charger overnight then in the morning you simply put the battery back in your phone and go on your way.
Userlevel 7
So here's the deal, You can not decide the terms of warranty, this isn't a personal decision it's a policy. Samsung doesn't care if you pay your bill or not. I will tell you however, that Koodo will. And they will report your late payment to the credit agencies. And take it from someone who knows, getting a car with late payments on your credit is not easy. You must follow the steps to get warranty service and continue to pay your bill. This is what adults do. Koodo can give you a loaner phone while yours is out being evaluated / repaired / replaced. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Im not wasting another dollar and i dont give shit bout my credit have none anyway or even about the service the phone wad whole point getting the contract and if it not working write thats your problem not mine so get alife rip off scammers
Userlevel 7
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

Im not wasting another dollar and i dont give shit bout my credit have none anyway or even about ...

First off I'm a customer like you. You're coming here for help and I'm telling you what is possible. You can get help or you can ignore my suggestions but just because your angry doesn't make what's happening a scam. Warranty service is available, take advantage of it, or don't. Idc
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

Im not wasting another dollar and i dont give shit bout my credit have none anyway or even about ...

Chad has given you your options. Whether you like it or not - whether you think it's fair or not, it won't change them. No retailer will exchange a defective device 3 months after purchase, unless they sell their own products (i.e. Apple Store, BestBuy for Insignia/Rocketfish brands, etc.). Koodo's responsibility is service. Product responsibility is Samsung's in this case. The only person you'll hurt by refusing to pay for your bill is yourself. If you want to damage your credit rating, you are free to do so. Good luck.
Userlevel 5
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

Your incorrect about not having credit. You DO have a credit score, and you will need it if you ever want to finance a car, or get a mortgage. All that not paying you bill does is makes sure you have a bad credit rating. No credit Is very different than bad credit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

Having no credit is better than having bad credit... trust me 🙂
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

try telling that to credit cards witch i never had in my life cause never could ever get one nore anything else that requires credit i always paid my bills yet i have no credit so its useless to me
Takin phone in but not for warity to get it replaced and dont no were u get your info but s3 suckd its slow laggy power hog bat dies faster every day and i no how to take care if thing so its not from me was no good from beginning and it wad not the phone i wanted if wad a replacement cause they wete out stock anyy of the phones i did want
Userlevel 6
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

Takin phone in but not for warity to get it replaced and dont no were u get your info but s3 suck...

Good luck dude! People simply tried to help you here. That may not be possible.
Userlevel 7
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

Takin phone in but not for warity to get it replaced and dont no were u get your info but s3 suck...

S III WAS a high end phone when it first came out. It's 2 years old now so it's starting to get run down. It's still a very capable smartphone but it is outdated at this point. To be honest, you could have looked around at other retailers, other stores, etc. for the phone you wanted? Which one were you looking for?
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

There only one kodoo place here and all out
Userlevel 7
SaintJohnPublic wrote:

Exactly