Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone is not working, within warranty. Loaner phone have a cost?

I have a galaxy ace 2 with Koodo and it has been freezing, turning off on me by just putting it on my bed and even having music skip like a CD did after you jump while it's playing or played it too long. Anyway I'm under warranty but I'm curious if I will have to pay for a loaner phone? If so...how much?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
The deposit for a smartphone is 150$ but it's totally refunded when you return the loaner. Source: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy
What if I don't want a smartphone loaner phone then?
Userlevel 7
James wrote:

What if I don't want a smartphone loaner phone then?

You can also pay a 75$ deposit for a non smartphone loaner.
Then you go without a phone if you don't have a backup.
Userlevel 7
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Then you go without a phone if you don't have a backup.

If you want, go grab a prepaid Optimus one from Walmart an throw your sim card in that. Cheaper than the deposit though not refundable (but you'll have a working spare)
So...why a deposit for the loaner if I'm paying koodo nearly 150 or more a month for phones?
Userlevel 7
James wrote:

So...why a deposit for the loaner if I'm paying koodo nearly 150 or more a month for phones?

Because koodo wants their phone back when yours is fixed.
The security deposit for the loaner phone is to ensure the phone is returned in working condition. You get the security deposit back when the loaner phone is returned.