Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone exchange

I purchased a Nexus 4 from a Koodo store on 1st November on Medium Tab. After couple of days, I noticed that the phone was shutting down and restarting while I am in the middle of a call. This happened multiple times and so I went to the Koodo store on 8th November to exchange the phone. They took the phone and told that it will take 24 hours for the tab to be reset and only then they can give me a new phone. I went to the store today (10th November) and I was told that it will take 2 - 3 more days for the tab to be reset before I can get my new phone. I spoke to Koodo customer service and they could not help me either other than saying that I have to wait for few more days till the 'system' resets my tab. I find it annoying that it takes so long to just exchange a phone that too within 14 days of purchase. What kind of 'system' does Koodo have that they cannot exchange the phone immediately? Is Koodo going to reimburse me for the days that I am not having a phone?

21 replies

Userlevel 2
It doesn't take time for the tab to reset. The phone was turned to the store, they should of adjusted the tab then and there. Go back to the store and get them to manually adjust the tab. If they give you a hassle, call Koodo from the store & explain the situation. Koodo will be able to check if the phone was returned and talk to the store rep. I would definitely consider a credit on your account for this issue. It's just pure laziness on the Kiosks part.
Thanks Myke. That is actually what I did. I called Koodo customer service from the Koodo store. Initially the customer service rep agreed that I should not have any problem with exchanging the phone and that I should be able to get the phone immediately. I told her to speak to the store rep. They both spoke and the store rep told her that she could not adjust the tab because the 'system' does not allow her. Then the customer service rep told me that I have to wait for few more days as neither she nor the store rep can manually reset the tab. I asked the rep to give me one good reason why they cannot reset the tab and the only stupid answer I got was that it is the way the system is designed and it has to reset itself.
Userlevel 2
taurusguy wrote:

Thanks Myke. That is actually what I did. I called Koodo customer service from the Koodo store. I...

The tab can be manually adjusted. I guess some Shops don't have that particular access. What we can do is take the IMEI, run it in a program and see if it's been returned. If it's shown as returned, then we can manually adjust the tab. Give Koodo a call and have them check if the phone is shown as returned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If they give you a hard time to "exchange" your phone, how about just return it. They have a 14-day money back guarantee on your phone. Then purchase another one. Add : You will credited for an original phone. You will receive a new phone on the spot
Mayumi wrote:

If they give you a hard time to "exchange" your phone, how about just return it. They have a 1...

I am not sure if there is any difference. The way they are processing my request right now is: 1. Take the defective phone from me (already done) 2. Reset my tab (waiting for this step) 3. Give me another phone
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

If they give you a hard time to "exchange" your phone, how about just return it. They have a 1...

Which koodo store were you at?
Mayumi wrote:

Bramalea City Centre, Brampton, Ontario
Userlevel 2
Mayumi wrote:

There is no wait period though. That's what doesn't make sense. You bring your phone in, then you can pick another phone right away and you would just pay the difference. I'm not understanding this "wait for tab reset" business.
The customer service rep said that there is no wait period. But, after speaking to the Koodo store rep who told her that she can give me the phone only after the tab is reset, the customer service rep changed her mind and told me that I have to wait. I am not sure what is happening here.
Userlevel 2
taurusguy wrote:

The customer service rep said that there is no wait period. But, after speaking to the Koodo stor...

This back and forth is killing me. There's no need for it. Call & ask Koodo if it shows that the phone was returned in their systems. If it shows that it is, then request the refund. If they give you hassle, request a Supervisor.
Userlevel 3
taurusguy wrote:

The customer service rep said that there is no wait period. But, after speaking to the Koodo stor...

I agree with Myke get some names and dealer codes from the initial store reps because someone is being lazy! call in to koodo and put in a complaint about these store reps so we can get them coached or dealth with. Once a phone is returned the store will call koodo provide the serial # of the phone and we can see if it's returned. If it is so the store or (we can clear tab) only with the store on the phone and we confirmed the equipment was returned. The store sure dropped the ball on this one I wish I can break out a whip and lash those store reps in the back for giving you such a hard time!
Userlevel 7
I don't understand this Tab reset thing, either. I've done plenty of Koodo exchanges in the channel at our Mobile Shops without having to wait at all (except if we don't have the phone in stock, that's a different story). Heck, the loyalty team has even adjusted Tabs on the spot to get us upgrades.
Userlevel 1
I had that issue with the "Tab Reset" thing too when I was first using the Nexus 4. It got to the point where I had to get both the rep at the kiosk and the phone rep to have to apply a credit toward the tab then re-add the new balance for the exchanged phone. Hopefully this gets resolved for you.
I just received a call from Koodo customer service and the rep confirmed that the system shows the phone as returned, the negative tab has been removed and that I can go to the store to get my phone on medium tab. He also mentioned that he will speak to the store and get this sorted out. I will update this post after I visit the store later this evening.
Userlevel 2
taurusguy wrote:

I just received a call from Koodo customer service and the rep confirmed that the system shows th...

Great. Glad that the tab issue was resolved at least.
Userlevel 3
Please do! I'm glad someone took ownership of your issue because I would've been on it like white on rice with the store. Please don't forget to ask for the names of the people you dealth with in the koodo store so we can report them. I have 0 tolerence for lazyness and we don't need store reps representing koodo like this.
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Please do! I'm glad someone took ownership of your issue because I would've been on it like white...

Let's not jump to conclusions, this situation could have easily been the result of inexperience or a misinterpretation of how Koodo's exchange policy works on the part of the kiosk rep. Even the Koodo customer service rep changed her tune and told the customer he had to wait. I'm guessing that person will have to be 're-educated' as well. Clearly not everyone was on the same page. Personally, I see it as a serious oversight and has nothing to do with laziness. As Myke suggested, the store may not have been able to do a manual adjustment. It's unfortunate taurusguy had to put up with this nonsense and it appears as though Koodo came through and I'm glad to hear the problem has been resolved.
Wow, an exchange should take approx. 2 minutes if you know what device you want to exchange to, especially if it is the same model. Go back and raise hell.
Badge +4
FFS wrote:

Wow, an exchange should take approx. 2 minutes if you know what device you want to exchange to, e...

Not the best approach. Someone at Koodo has already realized that a mistake had been made. They contacted the customer and confirmed that the phone had been returned, they've also removed the negative tab. The customer is now on his way to pick up a new phone. Only thing missing is an apology which I'm sure he'll get or has already gotten. Raising hell at this point serves no purpose.
I went to Koodo shop yesterday and got a new phone without any issues. The store rep told me that they are having this problem only for the last couple of weeks where they cannot exchange phone right away. I am not sure how true it is. I am glad that I got my phone soon rather than waiting for 3 more days ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
taurusguy wrote:

I went to Koodo shop yesterday and got a new phone without any issues. The store rep told me that...

I'm glad you got a phone finally 🙂 Thank you for letting us know.