Koodo Community

Community

Solved

phone died

New Samsung Galaxy Neo 5 Died, it went totally black I can not get on it. I took it to Best Buy in the US to look at it, they would not fix it as it is Canadian but they took a peek. The battery is fine and they could not start it either. I am angry that it is a new phone that should not have stopped working, it is well looked after, I am paying a tab for a phone that does not work, I am paying a phone bill for a phone I can't use. I have sent a message to koodo and they have not replied yet. Help, what is the best way to fix this problem? We do not have a local Koodo store nor a Samsung store where I live.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you get the phone? How long have you had it for? Here is the link for warranty service via Koodo: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy
Goran wrote:

How did you get the phone? How long have you had it for? Here is the link for warranty servic...

I bought the phone in October, so just over 5 months ago
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Before you send it in, try to hold the power button for at least 20 seconds to force it to power up, sometimes that triggers it. Did you buy the phone from Koodo online?
Sophia wrote:

Before you send it in, try to hold the power button for at least 20 seconds to force it to power ...

I bought the phone at Best Buy in Canada
Sophia wrote:

Before you send it in, try to hold the power button for at least 20 seconds to force it to power ...

This is what Koodo told me to do, I did it and it did work but then with in a number off hours my battery drained, I kept trying to charge it with my charger that I received with my phone, as well as other ones and it would not take a charge. I had my battery checked earlier and it showed no damage at all.
First of all, I would recommend you to [b]follow these steps:  
1.          Remove the battery and the SIM card from your phone, then after a few seconds put them back on.     
2.          Press and hold the Power key.      
3.          When ‘Samsung’ appears on the screen, release the Power key.      
4.         Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5.         Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6.         Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7.         Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode. 

Sophia wrote:

I just got off the phone with Koodo and they said to bring the phone down to the nearest Koodo Kiosk and get them to it to Koodo for repairs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it died as a result of the battery being depleted, it could take some time charging before it ever turns on.
I just want to cancell koodo ....how can i do that?? Please i have had sooo msny problemd with them double billing me and they just kerp uding my credit card eventhough they said they would not they still chsrge me. How do i get theur attention i need to canvell thier service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carroyl Taylor wrote:

I just want to cancell koodo ....how can i do that?? Please i have had sooo msny problemd with th...

The best way to get attention is to start a new thread... however the only way to cancel is to call Koodo (611) and request a cancellation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carroyl Taylor wrote:

I just want to cancell koodo ....how can i do that?? Please i have had sooo msny problemd with th...

Alternatively if you wish to keep your number, contact the carrier you wish to switch to in order to initiate the porting process. You won't have to call Koodo to cancel. You will receive a final bill.