Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone compatibility with Koodo network

I purchased a Koodo SIM card (pre-paid plan)which I had hoped to use with my phone. When I validate my phone's compatibility with the tool available on the Koodo website, it says it is not compatible. However, upon doing further research, I have found that Koodo uses the same frequencies as Telus, and if this is the case, my phone should work. Here are the frequencies my phone works on: GSM: 850/900/18001900 MHz WCDMA: 850/2100 MHz So, would my phone work or not on the Koodo network?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
That tool is flawed except if you owe telus money and they have blacklisted your device. Otherwise, it should work.
Userlevel 4
Go with what you were told when you checked the compatibility. Other phones that run on the same frequencies have been deemed not compatible with Koodo as well. Where did you originally get your phone?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

That tool is flawed except if you owe telus money and they have blacklisted your device. Otherwis...

Never mind! I'm wrong! I didn't catch the frequency chart list.
Chad Burr wrote:

That tool is flawed except if you owe telus money and they have blacklisted your device. Otherwis...

Hi Chad, planning to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T, will it work on the Koodos network. Really want to use the LTE network since I'm moving to Canada next month. Thank for your help.
Userlevel 5
If im reading correctly, that phone would only work on Telus/Koodo with CDMA, since they didn't really do GSM. And with them shutting down the CDMA network that's not suprising that it doesn't work. Plus CDMA phones weren't able to switch from one carrier to the next. And like I said, if I remember correctly Telus/Koodo skipped over GSM and went right to HSPA when they launched Sim cards, which is why the GSM bands don't help.