Koodo Community

Community

Question

Phone bill double it should be

I just received my phone bill for December 9 to January 6th and my plan and tab is supposed to be $70 before tax. The bill I just received for these dates is $152. I didn't go over my data or go into roaming so there is no way it should be this high. I just want to know what is going on and see a breakdown of where this number came from but apparently koodo does not explain that on their bills? I have emailed as well and obviously received no reply back. If anyone can help I would appreciate it a lot.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can download your full bill outlining all you costs in self-serve. All you have at the moment is the base notification. There should be a link in that message to take you to self-serve.

If this is your first bill, your first billing period is pro-rated from when you signed up to the billing date. You are also charged services for the upcoming month in advance This occurs when anyone signs up with a provider. Similarly, when you change a plan,  both the old plan and the new are pro-rated for the portion of the month they were active. Here’s link for you describing the process.  http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/c...
Then go to "charges on my first bill"
Okay but on my bill none of the charges are from January 6 to February. All of the charges say Dec 9 to Jan 6 so how do I know it is for the next month? What happens when I go to cancel? Do I get to use my phone for an extra month since I already paid for that extra month at the beginning???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
nicole wrote:

Okay but on my bill none of the charges are from January 6 to February. All of the charges say De...

When you cancel, the portion of the month you do not use is refunded to you. In the same fashion, when you first sign up, you only pay for the days in the month you were actually a customer, event though the billing period extends back some days to weeks.

There should be a line indicating billing for the upcoming month in the full amount of your plan + your TAB.
nicole wrote:

Okay but on my bill none of the charges are from January 6 to February. All of the charges say De...

Obviously when you get a bill - YOU GET THE BILL - and no one is going to help, all you can get is a history of previous plights - not much consideration.  If all business practices were operated this way we would all starve to death - own up to it Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
nicole wrote:

If you're having issues with your bill you can contact Koodo to dispute wrongful charges. Plenty of people have successfully gotten charges removed that weren't supposed to be there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
nicole wrote:

@Blair: The topic is 1 year old. Your issues with billing might be different?
What was the specific issue? If you need some help/explanation, you could ask the forum.
Userlevel 5
Nicole I strongly recommend you go to the nearest Koodo shop to get a full explanation about those charges. Then if you've been wrongfully charged, ask the rep to contact their support team to fix it. Don't cancel yet, it will pay off in the long run to stay with Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TJ Smith wrote:

Nicole I strongly recommend you go to the nearest Koodo shop to get a full explanation about thos...

Nicole showed up 1 year ago, not sure if she/he is still with Koodo 🙂