Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone asking 'SIM network unlock PIN'. Unblock fee already paid. What do I have to do???????

Phone asking 'SIM network unlock PIN'. Unllock fee already paid

29 replies

Userlevel 7
When you paid the fee there should have been a code issued. Enter that code into your phone.
Userlevel 7
If you paid the unlock fee then the customer service rep gives you the code for your phone except if it's an iPhone, which requires a special process. The phone's not unlocked automatically. Did they gave you the code?
Jonathan I wrote:

If you paid the unlock fee then the customer service rep gives you the code for your phone except...

No... I never received it Thanks for your help!! I paid the fee in November, 2013 and canceled my account a few weeks later. When I asked what should I do after paying the fee, someone from Koodo said 'nothing'. They never gave me the unlock number. What should I do now?
Chad Burr wrote:

When you paid the fee there should have been a code issued. Enter that code into your phone.

I Paid it, but I never received the code 😕 Thanks for your help!! I paid the fee in November, 2013 and canceled my account a few weeks later. When I asked what should I do after paying the fee, someone from Koodo said 'nothing'. They never gave me the unlock number. What should I do now?
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey Guys. I've called Koodo and they gave me my unlock password. Thank you so much for your help. Regards,
Jonathan I wrote:

If you paid the unlock fee then the customer service rep gives you the code for your phone except...

Hey Guys. I've called Koodo and they gave me my unlock password. Thank you so much for your help. Regards,
Chad Burr wrote:

I am in the same boat;  5 days without phone service sucks this time of year (no home phone & in country).  They also told me I would not need number but might take few days?  Get same error so I'll have to go a distance to use another phone to call Koodo for the 4th time & I better not be getting charged for all these calls because $50 each for 2 phones is quite enough! especially when I had to talk to different people to get right answers.  Told them I wanted to port numbers in beginning and they didn't do it at first.  No one told me both accounts had to be in my name....that's fixed. Just need unlock numbers now and get my life back!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi, S Gonerman

So, you are Koodo customer and you already paid unlock fee for your Koodo phone, but you didn't receive unlock code? Koodo only unlock Koodo's phone.

Or you want to use a phone from different carrier? Then you have to ask your previous carrier to unlock it/them.

"I wanted to port numbers in ...","5 days without phone service...",
- Your account from previous carrier have to be active and they need to release your number. You open an account with Koodo with temporary number and port your old number in. Once it done, Koodo will text you it's completed.
Then you restart your phone and it good to go.

If I misunderstanding your question or you have more question, can you start a new post using this link  and add some info that I asked you,please? You will receive more helps quicker. 
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Chad Burr wrote:

Thank you.  Problem resolved.  Had to go to next town to use phone & called Koodo;  retrieved unlock number first agent told me I wouldn't need & all is OK.  First agent was very friendly and polite but not very informed....Perhaps a little more training is in order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm glad your problem resolved. If you have more questions in the future, come back to community anytime 🙂
Chad Burr wrote:

Whats my pass code
Chad Burr wrote:

I want my old number 17782074110
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

If by passcode you mean unlock code like talked about above you will have to contact Koodo or another unlocking service to get this. Do you still have that number on an account? If not when did you last have it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

If your account has not been active for 90 days then your number will have been lost
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unlock phone asking for 'SIM network unlock PIN'. I've paid the unlock fee in November. Since then I've been using koodo's SIM card. But Today I decided to change to another companie and my phone - Galaxy S3 - is asking for a 'SIM network unlock PIN'. What do I have to do now?
Userlevel 7
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

[i]This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled [url=http://community.kood...

In November you were given a code. That code is still valid. You need it to unlock your phone.
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

[i]This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled [url=http://community.kood...

Thanks for your help!! I paid the fee in November, 2013 and canceled my account a few weeks later. When I asked what should I do after paying the fee, someone from Koodo said 'nothing'. They never gave me the unlock number. What should I do now?
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

Hey Chad. I've called Koodo and they gave me my unlock password. Thank you so much for your help. Regards,
Thanks for your help!! I paid the fee in November, 2012 and canceled my account a few weeks later. When I asked what should I do after paying the fee, someone from Koodo said 'nothing'. They never gave me the unlock number. What should I do now?
Userlevel 7
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

Thanks for your help!! I paid the fee in November, 2012 and canceled my account a few weeks ...

I'm not sure I can help you further. You're going to need to call in and talk to a customer service rep. You're talking about over a year ago so I'm not sure what can be done.
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

Thanks for your help!! I paid the fee in November, 2012 and canceled my account a few weeks ...

Oh SORRY, 2013******
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

Yes, I'm trying to call but no success yet. Thank you so much for helping me.
Userlevel 7
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

Not a problem, I hope they can dig up your code for you. If not check ebay or cellunlocker.net to buy another code.
Ana Paula Castro wrote:

Hey Chad. I've called Koodo and they gave me my unlock password. Thank you so much for your help. Regards,
Whats your phone brand and model ? You can get sim network unlock pin from the provider http://www.theunlockarena.com/supported-phones/rs13wp7/ to unlock your phone from network lock .