Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Persistant Voicemail Notification Nexus 5

HI. I have a Nexus 5 on Lollipop and I am getting fed up with the Persistant Voicemail Notification. After listening to the VM the Notification will not go away. Clear phone data, re-start phone app, nothing works. Anyone had any luck getting this fixed?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Call your  from another number and leave a message. Once you get the new notification, call your vm from your phone and clear it out. Normally fixes the problem.
Hi. Nope, tried all that already, quite a bit of chatter on the internet about the Nexus 5 VM indication. Will keep playing with it. Dave.
Userlevel 7
Okay, if you do find a solution that works please come back and post it here to help out all the others who may have the problem in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried a factory reset, it was a major update and as such it's always best to do a factory reset after updating a major update. I personally always do a factory reset after an update and never encounter any issues.
I have the same issue. I even tried factory resetting my phone. No problems on my z30, just the nexus 5. Only way to temporarily get rid of the notification is to go into apps, and clear data on the phone app. On reboot the notification returns.
Userlevel 7
Give Koodo a call and ask tech support to "clear your switch" Koodo Contact: You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pml
Chad Burr wrote:

Give Koodo a call and ask tech support to "clear your switch" Koodo Contact: You can reach...

Thanks. I called and they ended up removing my voice-mail and re-adding it. This seems to have fixed the issue.