Koodo Community

Community

PC doesn't see my Samsung Galaxy

I can't download my pics anymore has anyone experienced and resolved this? It started yesterday I had an external hard disk update and also a push samsung update. Any ideas? This is darn frustrating to say the least!

13 replies

Badge +4
Which Samsung Galaxy do you have? (model number or name, e.g. SGH-T989D or S2x). Installing Samsung Kies or updating to the latest version should resolve USB driver issues. Could be a bad USB port, try using other USB ports to see if your computer will detect your phone.
SGH-I747M I have no idea what a kies is and USB port works. I can see my tablet, kobo reader and everything else! I've tried another port and all the most basic things like rebooting puter, phone, waiting a day trying to sync etc... nothing has worked
Badge +4
louise reynlds wrote:

SGH-I747M I have no idea what a kies is and USB port works. I can see my tablet, kobo reader and ...

Samsung Kies can be obtained from the link below and contains all the necessary USB drivers needed for your S3 to communicate with your computer. You can also use Kies to transfer music and photos between your phone and PC. Choose Kies and not Kies3 for the download. http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/ You may want to try using a different USB cable from one of your other devices (if interchangeable) to see if that may be the problem.
louise reynlds wrote:

SGH-I747M I have no idea what a kies is and USB port works. I can see my tablet, kobo reader and ...

Thank you downloading will let you know if it worked. Keeping fingers crossed
louise reynlds wrote:

Ok I downloaded but can'T find it.. sheesh
Badge +4
louise reynlds wrote:

If you're running a Windows PC, go to the Start Menu and type Samsung Kies in the search box, it's should be in your Downloads folder.
louise reynlds wrote:

Ok said "unknown error" so I'm back where I started. Thanks for trying
Badge +4
louise reynlds wrote:

So you've installed Kies. Disconnected your S3 from your computer and rebooted after the Kies installation. When the computer restarts and stabilizes, you've launched Kies, reconnected your S3 via USB and you're getting unknown error?
louise reynlds wrote:

Yes that is what is happening. I also can't get it to sync
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alternative to the Kies / USB minefield: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmitril.droidoverwifi Your phone can communicate over wifi using your web browser. No cables or special software required on PC.
I'll have to try at home thanks
No go kies doesn't work
Badge +4
louise reynlds wrote:

No go kies doesn't work

If your computer still can't see your phone, disconnect your S3 from your computer and dial: *#7284# from your phones' dialpad. Under USB select 'Modem'. Go back and dial *#7284# and again under USB select 'PDA' mode then go back to your phones' homescreen. Note: if the *#7284# code doesn't work, then your phone is using a newer Android operating system, (e.g., KitKat). If the code works, proceed with following steps. Start Samsung Kies, connect the USB cable to your phone/computer and wait for the driver to install on your PC. The phone should now be able to establish a connection with your PC. A prompt 'may' appear on your phone asking if you want to use the phone as a mass storage device - tap OK. Go to the Start Menu on your Windows PC and click on Computer to confirm that your phone shows as listed under Portable Devices. (My example shows a connected HTC One M9, your computer should show the phone as an S3, SGH-I747M or possibly a mass storage device). An Autoplay window should also appear once the phone is connected.