Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Payment Plan

I am wanting to upgrade my phone to the Samsung Galay S5 and i've been told you would have to pay half of the 575$ that it's worth upfront. Now, is there a possibility that i could do a payment plan , cause thats alot of money to fork out for me right now.. ?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A Tab L with a $500 subsidy so you would only pay $225 is the closest thing to a payment plan. The recommendation is to save for a phone, like a Laptop or TV. How ever you could always get a loan (Line of Credit or Credit Card->This is not recommended as interest is high) and pay it off that way. However financially it is never wise to get a loan to purchase a depreciating asset unless it can generate income for you
Userlevel 5
The way Koodo works is a tab based system. You have 3 options. Tab S will take $150 off the cost of the phone ( you still pay 575). The 150 is paid back with Koodo using 15% of your monthly bill to directly pay off the phone. In two years your tab is guaranteed to be 0. Tab M will take $300 off the cost of the phone (you still pay $425). The 300 is paid back with a combination of Koodo using 15% of your monthly bill to directly pay off the phone as well as you paying an extra $5 per month. In two years your tab is guaranteed to be 0. Tab L (is the worst deal overall) gives you $500 off the cost of your phone (you still pay $225). The 500 is paid back with a combination of Koodo using 15% of your monthly bill (you MUST choose a Tab L plan), as well as you paying an extra $10 per month (on top of the Tab L plan). In two years your tab is guaranteed to be 0. Your choice comes down to, paying more up front to pay less in the end, or paying less up front, to have a worse plan and pay more in the end.