Koodo Community

Community

Solved

paying for 2GB of data but can't access internet functions outside of Wi-Fi

So I just bought the Samsung Galaxy 6. I like it and when I have Wi-Fi, the internet applications work fine. However, when I bought the phone, I switched my plan over to the 2GB of data one. I can't access anything internet related outside of a Wi-Fi area. My friend has the same phone with data and her phone has a little icon that says 4G right beside the bars that show her reception. Mine doesn't show anything beside the bars. I went into the access point names and it looks alright- says Koodo SPN and the proxy etc matched up with another question on here about data. I'm puzzled. I called Koodo and they reset my phone and told me to turn it off and then on again but then I lost all calling functions too for about 4 hours! lol! HELP, I'm paying for something I don't have!!!:) PS: the nearest Koodo store is 2 hours from me so it's a long trip for a little something!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
You called Koodo and they couldn't resolve it for you?
What happened at the end of the call, they just said.... see ya?
Or did they suggest how to move forward.

In my opinion, if tech support went through the whole troubleshooting process with you and it still doesn't work I would send it in for repair.

The people here are just gonna compare settings with you...
Is airplane mode on?
Is data turned on?
are your apn settings correct?
etc etc.
Which are good suggestions but I would think tech support would have gone through that with you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

What happened at the end of the call, they...

Also do you have data block on your account?  login to self serve and check your add-ons to see if that is there.

Also have you tried Turning it off and then back on again?
Userlevel 6
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

What happened at the end of the call, they...

Good call Dennis!

If you previously didn't have any data on your plan, the rep might have added a data block just in case, so you wouldn't incur any extra charges.
When you moved up to a data plan it might not have been removed.

Check it out in your self serve under add-ons.
Hey thanks for all the help everyone! Yup, when I bought the phone they forgot to take off the data block. No biggie! Koodo was super helpful and it was fixed in a few minutes! Yay DATA!!! 🙂
Userlevel 3
Thanks for letting us know of the resolution to your problem. Wish everyone did this.