Koodo Community
Solved

Pay the retail price of Samsung S10 while having 2 years agreement

• 16 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi i want to have S10 with 2 years plan. If i sign contract now and after 4 months I have enough money to pay to the retail price of that phone $1400. CAN I cancel the 2 years agreement?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 16 March 2019, 18:51

Hi,
You could cancel at anytime and pay the remaining Tab (without any penalty). https://www.koodomobile.com/tab
And the contract is actually month to month.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
@matt4x4 you clearly don’t know the Koodo loophole.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In the end you always pay more when you get something you havent paid full price for. Just save your money and buy it full price retail, dont bother spending extra just to get the phone a little earlier and be on a 2yr plan. Does not make financial sense to do that, nor buy such an expensive phone but everyone wants those expensive phones so just save your money. What is the price difference on the monthly plan for something like that?
S10 from Samsung: $1260
S10 from Koodo on Tab M: $360 + $870 = $1230

Then you can look at phones like the A8:
Samsung: $500
Koodo: $240

If you've already got a plan with Koodo and plan on having that plan for more than 2 years then it's almost always cheaper to get the phone from the carrier on a tab.
In the end you always pay more when you get something you havent paid full price for. Just save your money and buy it full price retail, dont bother spending extra just to get the phone a little earlier and be on a 2yr plan. Does not make financial sense to do that, nor buy such an expensive phone but everyone wants those expensive phones so just save your money. What is the price difference on the monthly plan for something like that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Although unless you want to leave Koodo there's no particular need to. You're not paying interest on the tab portion. You are still paying the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
You could cancel at anytime and pay the remaining Tab (without any penalty). https://www.koodomobile.com/tab
And the contract is actually month to month.