Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Password Gmail account on Android phone?

Hi, I'm a new Android phone user with Koodo. Is it possible to password Gmail account on my cell phone - LG G4.  When I access Gmail on my computer it always asks for my password (as long as you sign out previously). I checked the phone manual and it advised not possible, but you can remove your gmail account compeltely. Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you mean remove your account completely from the phone then Yes. I believe it is >Settings. Accounts. And then you should see your google account listed there and can remove it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

If you mean remove your account completely from the phone then Yes. I believe it is >Settings. Ac...

Presumably, you put a passcode on your phone's lock screen to prevent people accessing your email on that device. The passcode protects your gmail account from outsiders' access. When on a computer a password is always requested because anyone with your gmail address could access your account if no password was required.

To repeatedly enter a robust password on your phone each time you wanted to access a Google service would make the phone services unusable. It would be like having a lock on every door in your house.

You DID out a passcode on your phone, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The password to get into your phone is meant to be the password to protect your gmail account. If you really want a password on the gmail app as well as your phone you can download an app to lock other apps with a password.