Koodo Community
Solved

P20 Pro Pie update

I know everyone gets sick of hearing these 'when is my update coming' whiners lol. It's more just a case of the P20 Pro not being listed on either Telus or Koodo's update schedules at all. I know they started rolling out near the beginning of the month, I certainly didn't expect it that day or anything just curious when it's not listed at all if the update schedule is going to be updated for December.
icon

Best answer by Goran 27 November 2018, 19:17

Hopefully not a long wait. Huawei is pushing it hard and Koodo is rolling with it so hopefully it won't be long. Huawei is generally a good company.

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Yamaz,

That's the only information, we, as customers, have. So I'm afraid there's not going to be much of an answer I can give you.
Userlevel 6
The downside of carrier-provided phones.
Yeah I got spoiled for a while with a Pixel 2 lol. Will keep an eye on it, Koodo and Telus are really pushing the Huawei phones so I expect it won't be a long wait.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hopefully not a long wait. Huawei is pushing it hard and Koodo is rolling with it so hopefully it won't be long. Huawei is generally a good company.
Good question! I read of Huawei committing to a regular update schedule for the p20/p20 Pro, with android pie (and emui) updates rolling out elsewhere awhile ago. Flagship phone with less than flagship support.

This is such a frustration with android phones - with the exception of Pixel phones, updates are so dependent on carrier motivation, which is often lacking.
Yamaz wrote:

Yeah I got spoiled for a while with a Pixel 2 lol. Will keep an eye on it, Koodo and Telus are really pushing the Huawei phones so I expect it won't be a long wait.

I just got the Huawei P20 Pro three days ago and the apps have been insanely glitchy, sometimes they will freeze or when I click on links nothing happens... Is this normal? Will the future update fix this? Or did I get a bad phone...

I was hesitating between this one and the Pixel 2 XL and am now wondering if I chose wrong and if I should go back to exchange my phone for the Pixel (though I likely won't be able to since I bought the phone during black friday because I wanted the sale price..)
@yesthisismel My P20Pro has been very solid so far - like you I got it just before Black Friday (their sale started on the Tuesday that week!) What version are you running? I'm on build 8.1.0.120.
Im on the same version as you, Yamaz. I kept that screen protector sticker on the screen because I didn't want to risk damaging it right away and now I'm wondering if that may be the cause of the weird stuff happening xD

After the glitches the first few days it seems to be working fine now. I just don't want to be stuck with a phone that's got an internal problem because that's what happened to my brother, he ignored the glitching warning signs and his phone didn't even last a year.
Actually my P20 shipped with a screen protector already on it. I didn't even notice for a couple of days until I saw a post about someone else seeing it lol. Sure enough I took a closer look and there it was!
I'm very disappointed by Telus/Koodo. Huawei made the pie update so long ago and we still have nothing. Is it already an outdated device to them? It's the first time in couple years I bought a phone from a carrier and won't do it again.
This was posted yesterday. 9.0 update for the CLT-L04 on Huawei Firmware Finder. Not sure if the carriers still need to do testing or we just wait for the OTA now.......

https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro/help/p20-pro-9-0-update-canada-t3872249/post78358717#post78358717
Userlevel 1
As usual Koodo/Telus is SOOOOO far behind the game. The update has been available for some time. LAST time I buy from Koodo, will always go direct from manufacturer.
My wife got her update for clt-l04 9.0 Telus carrier mid December. We both got our p20 pro same day mine still has no update I repaired my old oneplus3t that was already on 9.0.. I contacted Huawei support and it's pointless I'm stuck on 8.1 for the life of the phone just like Samsung phones.. not impressed at all. Ban Huawei from Canada !!!! Junk
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gapofdoom wrote:

My wife got her update for clt-l04 9.0 Telus carrier mid December. We both got our p20 pro same day mine still has no update I repaired my old oneplus3t that was already on 9.0.. I contacted Huawei support and it's pointless I'm stuck on 8.1 for the life of the phone just like Samsung phones.. not impressed at all. Ban Huawei from Canada !!!! Junk

Just like samsung so ban samsung too?