Koodo Community

Community

Solved

outgoing email server

I am trying to set up my email on the Samsung Galaxy SII the incoming email verification worked perfectly, but the outgoing won't verify I am using a SMTP server for outgoing email can you please help? I am also trying to set up my voicemail and all I get is a busy signal yes I have verified my plan comes with voicemail how do I set this up.
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 12 January 2013, 00:49

The outgoing mail server should be smtp.telus.com, I'm pretty sure the port is 587 and I don't know the security type. If the email account you're trying to use supports exchange active sync or imap though I'd actually recommend setting it up that way. It usually works better than pop3 on mobile devices. Regarding the vm issue, it sounds like the vm access number in the phone may be wrong. The best way to get it fixed would be to call tech support from another line so they can troubleshoot the problem with you. something may also have gone wrong in the provisioning and they may have to remove and re-add the feature.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The outgoing mail server should be smtp.telus.com, I'm pretty sure the port is 587 and I don't know the security type. If the email account you're trying to use supports exchange active sync or imap though I'd actually recommend setting it up that way. It usually works better than pop3 on mobile devices. Regarding the vm issue, it sounds like the vm access number in the phone may be wrong. The best way to get it fixed would be to call tech support from another line so they can troubleshoot the problem with you. something may also have gone wrong in the provisioning and they may have to remove and re-add the feature.