Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Ordered a new phone on tab, does my plan have to change?

I just placed an order for a new phone, taking advantage of a deal signing up with the tab. I searched community before doing so and it seemed that I could keep my old plan and just start a new tab. When going through the purchase there was no indication that my plan price would change, it fact it confirmed the old price of $30. However I've just recieved a service agreement staying the price as $40. I logged into self serve and my original plan details and price still show, so what's up? If I have to change plans can I pick a different tab plan? If I'm going to have to pay $40 I'd prefer one of the tab medium plans.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You got a new phone on tab small which would be $10/month. Your new cost would be $30+$10 for a total of $40
Thanks, that would make sense, except it's worded "minimum monthly charge (tab charge extra)" -$40

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Christine Schilling wrote:

Thanks, that would make sense, except it's worded "minimum monthly charge (tab charge extra)" -$4...

It says at the bottom: "Minimum monthly charge (plus tab charge): $40 Which means monthly charge + tab charge, or $30 + $10.

Thanks, that would make sense, except it's worded "minimum monthly charge (tab charge extra)" -$4...

Awesome, thanks again. So many years with the big cell companies make a person fear the worst! So kudos to koodo!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No problem! If you have any other questions feel free to come back and ask!

Oh good that I found this. Same thing here - it says "Minimum monthly charge (plus Tab charge)" and that's the total expected for the plan and the Tab.
Maybe Koodo should change the text to something like "Minimum monthly charge ([i]plan plus Tab charge)" to make it more clear since I am reading it as well that it is this charge plus the Tab charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Or they should be 2(3)separate lines. Monthly service charge : plan. $xx Monthly Tab charge $yy Total monthly charge $$