Koodo Community

Community

Solved

ONLINE ORDER ISSUES

I am trying to renew online and order the LG G5 but it keeps telling me my credit card information is wrong. It's not. I've tried two different cards about 5 times. I've already agreed to pay off my Tab so that I could get the new phone, so I expect to be able to take advantage of the online offer. Anyone else having problems?

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Are you paying any amount up-front, or putting it all on a tab?
If you have a credit card on file for pre-authorized payments, your web order must include the same credit card.
If that's the case, you can remove the credit card for pre-authorized payments, order the LG G5, then add the pre-authorized payment card back in self-serve.
Tried that, it didn't work 😞 But thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Christina Emberley wrote:

Did you change your billing address today Christina? 

Yea! But it let me change my plan and my pre-authorization. After the payment comment there was a notice saying the Tab I chose didn't fit with the phone, even though I didn't choose any Tab. So I assumed I had to change my Tab (mine was 2 years old and I assume isn't offered anymore), but it still won't work. 

Sorry, by Tab I mean rate plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah...I know...for payments once you've been with us for a while and in good standing we don't verify the address match on the account and credit card. The ordering system is different, so that maybe the culprit. Is your new address not the one associated with your credit card just yet? 

They both match :( 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's not the debit card you are trying, right? 

Nope, I'm trying with an AMEX but I did try with my Visa and my Visa Debit (all the same address)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, let me ask see if they can look up your order and the reason for the fail. Might take some time so bear with me. 

No problem, thank you so much 
Userlevel 3

There are two different ways Koodo orders fail:
  1. The page where you enter your credit card information refreshes, tells you that the information is wrong, and lets you change it and submit again.
  2. It sends you to a new page that tells you to go to a store in person.
Which one are you seeing?
Userlevel 3

And that is a two comment fail.

Both happened haha after it refreshes the first time and let's me try again, then it usually tells me to go in store

I just tried again and I think it worked! Thank you everyone for all your help :)