Does anyone here have a OnePlus 8? Have you had any issues with it staying connected to mobile data after turning off WiFi?
I have tried numerous things to try to combat this issue;
- Restarting phone several times;
- Removing SIM card and putting back into the phone;
- Replaced SIM with new one;
- Updated to the Android 11 beta to enable dual sim functionality, works with Bell sim card (no data issues) and switching back and forth.
- Cleared cache partition and even factory reset the phone.
Koodo for some reason still pops up with an exclamation mark when trying to connect to LTE after turning off WiFi.
The only thing that seems to be a temporary fix is to switch the preferred network type back and forth from 3G to 4G/5G.
Any suggestions on what else to do to help fix this issue?
This is the only Android phone I've ever had these kind of problems with, it is the North American variant of the phone and it appears to be supported by Telus/Koodo the best, but real world usage would state otherwise at least in my experience. 🤷🏻
Best answer by Glaurent
I’ve had the same issue with OnePlus 6T. After phoning Koodo a while back, I was told it was a device issue. After several phone calls and tests with OnePlus, they say it’s a network issue. I have tried everything, but have just entered the APN setup