Koodo Community

Community

Solved

On FB over an hour still no unlock code

Userlevel 2
Went on FB as instructed to get my phone unlocked. Filled out the authorization form, even listed every phone Ive had with koodo, my plan, account #, name, last 3 digits of my SIN and bupkis. 

Why not just post our code and instructions on our self serve? I dont enjoy having to make an FB account then get left hanging

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It takes 2-4 hours on average to get a response and it'll be longer right now with the influx of unlock requests. Don't worry you'll get it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

It takes 2-4 hours on average to get a response and it'll be longer right now with the influx of ...

I contacted them via facebook Friday evening to get three phones unlocked. I heard back Sunday morning. Unless you have some pressing need to have your phones unlocked immediately, sit back and relax; they'll get to you as soon as they're able.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It took me 24 hours to get a response from FB the other day and this was before the Black Friday and Christmas rush so be patient wait times could take a bit. It would be nice to be able to do on self serve however since phones all come unlocked now from Canadian carriers there's no point for Koodo to build it into self serve as it will be obsolete soon and a waste of money for the company and time for the Devs who need to build more important things into the website and self serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

It took me 24 hours to get a response from FB the other day and this was before the Black Friday ...

24 hours? Before it all? Wow it's slipped.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It took me 24 hours to get a response from FB the other day and this was before the Black Friday ...

Yeah it was a little less than that but next day..... I wish they would incorporate SIM swaps back into self serve as this use to take 2 minutes for the user to do themselves. Unfourtunatley seems there was issues with noobs messing this up so we all lose out on convince because of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think the problem had more to do with fraudsters swapping their own sim cards onto hacked self serve accounts and using them to run up huge bills.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh didn't realize ppl could hack into others self serve accounts that easily that it's become an issue. Wouldn't making self serve more secure be the answer in this case?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It depends on how they were hacked.  I bet social engineering to be the means
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Exactly. Anyone can crack any account within seconds if they can get the user to tell them the password.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's probably very effective lol
Userlevel 4

Hi to All,

I thought that people already have complained on this forum that Koodo is too secured. imagine if they make it even more secure what would happen then.

Since I migrated to Koodo I only called them twice and it was answered pretty fast. Maybe I was lucky. Second time it was when I unlocked one of my prepaid phones. In both cases I had a pretty good experience with agents.
Userlevel 4

Hi to All,

I thought that people already have complained on this forum that Koodo is too secured. imagine if they make it even more secure what would happen then.

Since I migrated to Koodo I only called them twice and it was answered pretty fast. Maybe I was lucky. Second time it was when I unlocked one of my prepaid phones. In both cases I had a pretty good experience with agents.