Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Old vs New plans costs

Hello,

I see everywhere people saying new plans are cheaper.

My current plan is 50$/month :
- unlimidted Canada-wide anytime minutes
- 1GB data
- unlimited messaging

I just paid off my tab last month which was 5$/month before.

From what i see, my current plan is now priced 64$/month NOT including any tab?

So if I want the new iphone, I'll have to pay 64+21 = 85$/month?

In this case even though i have paid my current tab, can i just upgrade to the iphone and pay 50+21/ month?

What would be the best scenario in my case?

Thanks for the help !

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you can afford the upfront outlay, consider just buying the iPhone from Apple, a SIM from Koodo if necessary, and just change over your SIM in self-service.

Without having to get involved with any sort of Tab, your current plan @ $50 should be good indefinitely.
So even though i paid off my tab (we have to agree a few things then), i will be able to keep my 50$ plan?

thanks.
Userlevel 6
guerin wrote:

So even though i paid off my tab (we have to agree a few things then), i will be able to keep my ...

Even if you want to get the phone on a tab, you can keep your plan.
You just can't take a tab plus.

hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
guerin wrote:

So even though i paid off my tab (we have to agree a few things then), i will be able to keep my ...

Latest iPhones are Tab plus only on the Koodo store.
Userlevel 6
guerin wrote:

Hey bob.
You can put the 6s on a normal tab,
It's just not advertised at that price as per apples request.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
guerin wrote:

Good to know.
guerin wrote:

hi can you get internet with koodo pls e mail me at mikelake1955@hotmail.com thank you for information
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
guerin wrote:

No need to email you the answer is no Koodo does not offer internet services. Just data use with mobile numbers.
yes it does help, thanks you both
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Someone official can chime in and verify, but AFAIK, your current plan is grandfathered. As per Mitchell above, avoid the Tab plus and you are good to go.
Sorry what do you mean by grandfathered!? Would you know why is my current plan cheaper than the new ones when everybody seems to say that they are now cheaper?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
guerin wrote:

Sorry what do you mean by grandfathered!? Would you know why is my current plan cheaper than the ...

It means that even if it's no longer available to new customers, it's what [i]you signed up for at one time and they can't unilaterally change it in your case, unless [i]you voluntarily decide to give it up and go to something new.

From time to time, limited special offerings are made to keep in line with those of competitors. I suspect that was the case with your current plan
guerin wrote:

Sorry what do you mean by grandfathered!? Would you know why is my current plan cheaper than the ...

Okay, thanks !
guerin wrote:

In short, yes you keep whatever plan you have until you decide to change. It is the same with every phone company.
The big thing we should all be mindful of is why we are seeing crappier plans for higher $$. In a 'free market' companies should be fighting each other for business, generally by providing better services. It is quite apparent that since the opposite is happening here, that this industry is working together to extract maximum dollars while providing inferior plans to what they used to. the fact that this seems to bother no one is disturbing
Userlevel 7
guerin wrote:

Oh, it bothers us. It's just that unless people stop using data, then prices will continue to rise and we have to keep up with it.