Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Old plan, does 10% discount still apply if I pay tab?

Long time Koodo man here. On my last phone I received 10% discount when my tab was paid to lessen my bill. I am still on the old $45 plan, and want to pay off the tab on this phone to buy another outright. Will I receive the 10% if I stick with this plan? Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Bobby,

No you will not. The 10% discount was basically gone in 2015 after Koodo unveiled the new tab system. Once you decide to change your plan or get a new phone with Koodo, you would be loosing the 10% discount. 
So there is essentially zero benifit to not owing Koodo money. Isn't it super shady that I was once paying a certain price, knowing that part was to pay off a phone, but now they make that portion non-optional, even though the phone is now paid. I'm not OK with this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bobbywolf64 . wrote:

So there is essentially zero benifit to not owing Koodo money. Isn't it super shady that I was...

If there's a monthly tab fee, then that gets removed once you pay off the tab. You then pay less per month, unless you get a new tab. Your monthly bill is lower without a tab.
Bobbywolf64 . wrote:

So there is essentially zero benifit to not owing Koodo money. Isn't it super shady that I was...

Ok now I understand. The phone portion would be removed after paying off the tab, and Id be free to use a new fully paid-for phone on this plan, just no discount on top of this. I called and confirmed with a csr. Less shady for sure.