Koodo Community

Community

Solved

old phone

How do I find a phone number for koodo to find out if this phone is locked to koodo

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page OR call 1-866-995-6636 What kind of phone is it?
The phone is a lg500h
Userlevel 7
dennis smith wrote:

The phone is a lg500h

see if you can get a friend's koodo sim and try inserting it into your phone. If you can't get a hold of one i guess you could call or go to a kiosk. I think koodo has carried that phone in the past so there is a chance it is indeed locked to koodo.
Userlevel 3
This is indeed an unlocked phone. I wouldn't consider unlocking it through koodo for $50. I don't even think the value of that phone is that high. I would get it unlocked 3rd party. Also, the technology that phone uses will be obsolete with Koodo at the end of March. So regardless by this time you're going to have to get another phone that uses a sim card.
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

This is indeed an unlocked phone. I wouldn't consider unlocking it through koodo for $50. I don't...

That's conflicting information. A CDMA phone cannot be "unlocked" to use another carrier as it doesn't have a SIM card slot. If you mean it will work with Koodo then that's different. Secondly, Telus is only shutting down CDMA service to BC and Alberta by March. Everyone else is fine probably until next year or so but by the end of next year Telus will have no more CDMA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

This is indeed an unlocked phone. I wouldn't consider unlocking it through koodo for $50. I don't...

The LG P500H is the Optimus One. It's HSPA, and no, it will not be obsolete at the end of March.
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Correction I assumed the LG 5500 that's CDMA. I guess it was the LG GS500.
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Ah, thanks Timo. I was Googling and I was confused which "500" model the OP was referring to, because I saw a really old flip and thought that could have been it.