Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nougat

Does anyone know when Koodo will be giving us the nougat 7.0 on our Nexus 6p ?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Isn't it out already?
Do you have it?
Userlevel 7
I don't because I'm using an S7 Edge, but a lot of people reported getting it a few weeks ago on a Mobilesyrup article. I would try checking your updates manually.
Not through Koodo. I read that article. So if you don't have a definitive answer, why did you respond to my question with another question? How does that help? Thanks anyway.
Userlevel 7
Mike Fewer wrote:

Not through Koodo. I read that article. So if you don't have a definitive answer, why did you res...

This is a help forum and it's public. We ask questions to figure out ways to help you.
Userlevel 7
I have a Nexus 6P and I Still don't have it and mines supposed to come directly from Google. Guess its just not available yet. Koodo has nothing to do with pushing out Nexus updates. That's totally on Google.

If you absolutely want it now(bugs and all) you can join the insiders program (search Google for it) and install nougat beta.

Edit: link to beta program

https://www.google.com/android/beta I'll warn you however that I had issues While roaming while the beta was installed and because of that reverted to the in market firmware.
Chad Burr wrote:

I have a Nexus 6P and I Still don't have it and mines supposed to come directly from Google. Gue...

There are not really any bugs for the latest beta version of nougat (the official release is just a security update)

DP5 = Nougat - Aug 5 security update.

But as a 6P user, joining the beta program will get the official release anyways
I appreciate that. I see so many forums where people are not helpful at all and just comment for the sake of commenting. In the maple syrup article nobody on Koodo said they received the update but bell has and Telus so I thought Koodo would be right there with them...I guess not. Thank you for your response.
Userlevel 7
Mike Fewer wrote:

I appreciate that. I see so many forums where people are not helpful at all and just comment for ...

Jonathan's questions were legit. He was probably trying to eliminate reasons you wouldn't have the update. He was likely waiting for you to tell him if trying a manual update check was successful. Not everyone knows you can do those checks and we don't have a magic 8 ball that tells us your experience level. Try to be a it more patient when asking for help online. It'll get you further in the future.
Mike Fewer wrote:

I appreciate that. I see so many forums where people are not helpful at all and just comment for ...

I tried that, yes. No luck.
As of today, after two back to back security updates, I now have a Nougat update available and not enough juice to install. 6P