Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nothing but problems with messaging

I just set up an account for me and my brother and ee both got the lg G3. Both will randomly not send any messages. The bars are full and phone is not on airplane mode. Is it my new phone causing the problems or koodos coverage? To get anything to send we have to turn off our phones.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did it just start happening? Or your phone had the problem since the beginning?
Robert wrote:

Did it just start happening? Or your phone had the problem since the beginning?

About 2 or so weeks after I got it. When I called they basically said does it work when you turn it on and off. And didn't have any other suggestions
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
An option here: try !Textra.

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/95247?start=0&tstart=0

That will establish if it's a software or handware issue.

Userlevel 7
Did you guys come from another carrier and bring your phone numbers with you? You may have to wait 24hrs for your numbers to fully port over.
Sounds like from the link posted above it may be a g3 problem. And yeah we brought out numbers over but it's been a month now
Userlevel 6
Shannon Paulitzki wrote:

Sounds like from the link posted above it may be a g3 problem. And yeah we brought out numbers ov...

Are you having any problems with calls/data? 
Shannon Paulitzki wrote:

Sounds like from the link posted above it may be a g3 problem. And yeah we brought out numbers ov...

Never noticed anything with calls but don't call much. And data can be tremendously slow at times
Userlevel 5
Shannon Paulitzki wrote:

Thanks for your reply Shannon 🙂 If you experience some sluggishness with some apps on your LG G3, I would recommend clearing the cache for individual apps by following these steps:

From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Application manager.

1) Tap the appropriate app (Example: Facebook) 
2) Tap Storage.
3) Tap Clear cache.
4) Clear All Cached Data

Note: This option may not be available for some apps.

You cal also clear all cached data at once:

From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Storage & USB.
If memory card is installed, tap Internal storage.
1) Tap Cached data.
2) Tap OK to confirm.

Hope this helps!