Koodo Community

Community

Note 8 anyone?

Are koodo gonna be selling the Note 8 at all? Can't find any info!

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
See this post.
East Link is offering Samsung galaxy Note8 for $0 if it's on on here in the next 5 days I'm switching been with you guys since 2008
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tutorialyc wrote:

East Link is offering Samsung galaxy Note8 for $0 if it's on on here in the next 5 days I'm switc...

I can guarantee that there is no way koodo will be offering it for $0.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tutorialyc wrote:

East Link is offering Samsung galaxy Note8 for $0 if it's on on here in the next 5 days I'm switc...

Eastlink is offering it for $0 up front, $48/month for 2 years. $1152 in total.
Tutorialyc wrote:

I don't minde paying $1152 and got all the goodies that comes with it cause other ppl are selling it for  $1299
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tutorialyc wrote:

Those goodies are available from Samsung for anyone who preorders, not just those with Eastlink. If Eastlink is the cheapest you find though, then go with them.
Tutorialyc wrote:

I guess this will be a Goodbey Koodo. I've been with you since 2008 when you first started in Vancouver in Zellers stores with an online activation etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tutorialyc wrote:

Well whatever works better for you. I hope it works out well.
Userlevel 6
I'm waiting on this one. Two reasons. Firstly, I want to wait until the 12th to see what the "iPhone 8" or whatever they officially call it offers. Secondly, pre ordered and got first batch of the S8+ when it came out, and the display was pink. I exchanged it and got one with a green display. I'm not loving Samsung quality control of late. I also had to return TWO Note 7's under the recall, so yea..... Lol
Userlevel 1
Best Buy is currently selling Samsung Note 8, for the Koodo network, 64gb for $749 on the Tab Large. I posted a link..http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/koodo-samsung-galaxy-note8-64gb-midnight-black-with-a-tab-large/...

This is a pre-order, but is available. So yes, Koodo will have Note 8 asap

Userlevel 6
I played with the Note 8 in the Samsung Store today. It's a massive beast. Thin, but tall. It's a good 1/4" longer than my G6.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Techjunkie wrote:

I played with the Note 8 in the Samsung Store today. It's a massive beast. Thin, but tall. It's a...

Cory you said you didn't care for the S8+, now that you've tried the Note 8 are you liking it? How much larger does it seem display wise than the S8+, I know it's only .1 of an inch larger but is it noticeable width ways with the larger flat surface as opposed to the long taper curves of the S8+? Trying to decide if I get the S8+ or wait another month or so for the Note 8
Userlevel 6
Techjunkie wrote:

I played with the Note 8 in the Samsung Store today. It's a massive beast. Thin, but tall. It's a...

I did like the S8+. I just happened to get two in a row with defective displays, so I gave up on it.

The Note 8 felt massive. It's thin, but long. It definitely felt big, especially with the more squared corners. If you thought it was a pain to reach the fingerprint reader on the S8+, there's no hope on the Note. I am left handed with long fingers, and I wouldn't even bother trying to use it, lol.

I really does feel like a monster phone, but I love the giant display. Yes, the larger flat surface makes the display feel even bigger, compared to S8+.

Oddly enough, the Samsung store was packed, and not one person (other than myself) even looked at the Note 8 on display. Everyone was crowded around the S8/S8+ table.

I think the price point is going to hurt sales on this one.

Don't get me wrong, if i'm not impressed with the iPhone 8/iphone Edition/ iPhone X/WTF ever they call it, i'm going to get the Note 8 and sell my G6....which I just unlocked, lol.

Techjunkie wrote:

Who needs a fingerprint scanner when u have the iris scanner and the facial recognition?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Techjunkie wrote:

Can you use either of those with Samsung pay? I've got massive hands so I'll still use the fingerprint sensor when my Note 8 arrives but curious incase it does seem like a chore to use the fingerprint by chance instead of making things easier. Sorry I haven't used Samsung pay yet or even a samsung device for like a year now.
Techjunkie wrote:

Convenient and safe Some of the most sensitive activities like paying with your credit or debit card and accessing bank accounts is fast, easy, and secure on your Galaxy S8 or S8+ with its selection of authentication options, including biometric verification. Scan your irises or fingerprint to make purchases with Samsung Pay in-store, check your bank accounts via Samsung Pass, and log into your favorite sites right away with the Web sign-in feature. Keep private files and apps separately in the Secure Folder to keep them accessible only to you. Source: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s8/security/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Techjunkie wrote:

Ok so just not face unlock. Thanks
Techjunkie wrote:

You're welcome. Already preordered mine yesterday directly from Samsung's website to make sure I'll get my.gifts and perks. it should be at my place by Tuesday the latest.