Koodo Community
Solved

note 8 and xcover pro

Hey!

Looking for the differences between note 8 and xcover pro! :) and what people like better and why

icon

Best answer by Goran 5 July 2020, 00:46

I don’t think that many people have trie dout an xcover pro. I have used a Note 8 as a daily driver for a while. Do you want a rugged phone? Get the xcover pro. Specswise it’s very midrange so you’re basically getting it because it’s rugged. I see that it has a highly sensitive display, presumably to allow use with gloves on. As such, be aware of that.

The note 8 is a 3 year old note phone, and if you want that stylus a lot, it’s fine to get. They’re quite cheap used these days. The specs overall are better except maybe battery life and the cameras. I did not like its low light capabilities and it was trash for “candid” shots where there would be sudden movement, especially in light conditions anything less than ideal. Depending on your budget, I’d get a different phone honestly, unless you’re set on a stylus pen for cheap.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think that many people have trie dout an xcover pro. I have used a Note 8 as a daily driver for a while. Do you want a rugged phone? Get the xcover pro. Specswise it’s very midrange so you’re basically getting it because it’s rugged. I see that it has a highly sensitive display, presumably to allow use with gloves on. As such, be aware of that.

The note 8 is a 3 year old note phone, and if you want that stylus a lot, it’s fine to get. They’re quite cheap used these days. The specs overall are better except maybe battery life and the cameras. I did not like its low light capabilities and it was trash for “candid” shots where there would be sudden movement, especially in light conditions anything less than ideal. Depending on your budget, I’d get a different phone honestly, unless you’re set on a stylus pen for cheap.

I have ths note 8 right now but to fix the  cracked screen its gonna cost almost 300$ so I was looking at getting maybe a new one instead. I like using the pen but I dont need it obv.ly I tried to look up comparing them but every site is different. When I saw the xcover pro I was interested in learning more because I know I dont want the samsung a series

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Like I said, unless you need a phone that’s rugged like that, for its price, there’s better phones. Samsung Canada would charge 300? I thought that the S8/Note 8 series screen placements were under 200 these days?