Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Note 7 Recall and Tab Inquiry

I returned my Note 7 yesterday and got a full refund for the phone, but when I purchased the phone I had a positive tab balance of 150$. While I still have my tab to pay off, I was wondering what is gonna happen to that positive tab balance, will I be getting it back, and if so, will it auto deduct from my tab balance? I am currently looking at other phone options, but I don't have the money to be paying for a new phone, as well as the existing tab balance, thanks!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Usually when you return a phone, everything reverts back to the way it was before purchase. In this case, your tab would be reversed and you would again have a $150 positive balance.

An employee will chime in if this isn't the case, but I'd be surprised if you didn't get that credit back.
Ivan wrote:

Usually when you return a phone, everything reverts back to the way it was before purchase. In th...

That's what I thought too, when I received my refund yesterday I got the full price of the phone back, not including that positive 150$ tab, so I assumed it would be deducted off of my tab balance since I used the tab to purchase the note7.

When I checked it this morning, the tab balance was still at the price I had to pay to get the phone completely, so I figured I'd ask and see what was going to happen. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Usually when you return a phone, everything reverts back to the way it was before purchase. In th...

Ok, I'll forward this concern to Koodo. Stay tuned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

When you say you received full refund for the phone, did the refund include the $150 on top of what you paid, can you provide exact figures of how much you paid out of pocket and what was refunded to you? 
Ivan wrote:

I paid 636$ out of pocket, and received a full refund of 1200$, the 636 is with the 150$ off. When I was refunded I was returned the price of the phone including tax, which was 1064$ + tax which came out to 1206
Ivan wrote:

Ivan wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Then it looks like you have been made whole, and have $1202.32 to pay off your outstanding TAB, and purchase a new phone.

You have $636 + $150 + $360 + the GST & PST on the $510 ($360 + $150 TAB amounts)  and are about $76 ahead
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Then it looks like you have been made whole, and have $1202.32 to pay off your outstanding TAB, and purchase a new phone.

You have $636 + $150 + $360 + the GST & PST on the $510 ($360 + $150 TAB amounts)  and are about $76 ahead