Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Note 5 activation

Userlevel 3
Hey everyone, so the more 5 isn't some under koodo right, so I call best buy and see if I can buy one unlocked, nope only through carrier. So I go on eBay and see a good deal, it's already in Canada and it just arrived at Canada post yesterday. Can I simply put my Sim card from my s4 into my note 5.it was advertised as unlocked and if it is indeed then it should just hook up right? I

4 replies

Userlevel 7
If its indeed unlocked and not on the lost / stolen database then yes. You may need to update your APN settings but also maybe not. Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
You're going to need a new SIM, though. The Note 5 uses Nano SIM but the S4 was micro. Go to any Koodo shop or retailer and get a new one, then activate it through self serve.
Userlevel 5
I wound up just getting a Telus one and putting my sim in and it worked. But like Chad said, you may have to do the APN settings. But congrats on the new phones, it was between the Priv and the Note 5 for me, and I am extremely happy with the Note 5.
Userlevel 7
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

I wound up just getting a Telus one and putting my sim in and it worked. But like Chad said, you ...

Priv<3