Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Note 4 on sale but none to be had

I am almost furious that the note 4 literally went on sale and no store within a 75km radius has any in stock and it gets even better I was told that they will not get any more in stock... How can you put a phone on sale and not have adequate stock.. Then to offer a s6 at a higher price point that is the definition a bait and switch comon koodo get your act together

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Generally when providers reduce the price of a cellphone they do so to clear excess stock. Often the phone in question is one which they will no longer be carrying. Sales and advertisements are also sent out by head office, not by your local store. There is never a guarantee that any product which goes on sale will be available at your local store, which is why if you check the fine print you will typically see the line "subject to availability".
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Generally when providers reduce the price of a cellphone they do so to clear excess stock. Often ...

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales but also employed in other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by merchants' advertising products or services at a low price, but when customers visit the store, they discover that the advertised goods are not available, or the customers are pressured by sales people to consider similar, but higher priced items ("switching").
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Generally when providers reduce the price of a cellphone they do so to clear excess stock. Often ...

I am well aware of what a bait and switch is, thank you. As stated, sales are subject to availability. Were you subjected to high pressure sales tactics to push you to buy a different phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

It's not a bait and switch just because it's not available from the stores in your area it's just a bad circumstance, If all Koodo offered was the Note 4 and Galaxy S6 then you might have more of a case on a bait and switch, nobody is forcing you to buy a S6 you can buy any phone from Koodo and it's not the Note 4 alone that's on sale.