Koodo Community

Community

Not recieving some text messages

For the last 3 weeks, my phone has decided to stop recieving random texts. I could be having a conversation and miss 3 out of 5 texts, its starting to interfere with important things like work and appointments. I have pulled my sim and battery, and deleted large quantities of messages. I am not really keen on doing a factory reset. I have an LGG5. Have never owned an apple product so it has nothing to do with imessage. Please help if you have any other clue.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it just from one person or from multiple people?
Multiple people
I have a similar problem, although I have a Samasung S3 - sadly it is still not resolved. Do you know... the people who are sending you the messages you don't receive.... are they all using the same carrier. This is my situation. All of them are on Bell / Virgin. This is as far as my troubleshooting has gone so far. I'll watch this thread, and if I get mine resolved I'll let you know.
Blaine wrote:

I have a similar problem, although I have a Samasung S3 - sadly it is still not resolved. Do you ...

Its from all different providers, including the other phone on my own account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sometimes these things can just happen. It happened to me for periods of time during the CDMA days and after as well. You can try resettings network settings to see if that'll help with not receiving SMS. Go to settings, backup & reset, reset network settings. It'll wipe wi-fi and bluetooth credentials FYI. You can also send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to see if there are any back end issues. You can back up everything with LG Bridge and it'll be a lot less painful to do a factory reset then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does restarting your phone fix the problem in the short term?
David wrote:

Does restarting your phone fix the problem in the short term?

No