Koodo Community

Community

Solved

not recieving anyones text messages!

Im not recieving anyones text messages. Everyone ive texted is getting mine but im not getting their reply.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Was the phone you had before this android an iPhone?
Chad Burr wrote:

this is my first phone, ive had it for over a year
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Lets start with easy stuff, turn it off, remmove the battery if you can, put the battery back in and turn it on. Send yourself a Text, did you get it?
Chad Burr wrote:

i've done all that and there is no change. and no i didn't reiceve the text message i sent myself.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

What phone do you have? Try going to settings...apps...messaging...clear cache.
Chad Burr wrote:

i have a samsung galaxy ace 2x and i did that but it wont let me clear cache and says 0.00B
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

How much memory is left? Scroll over to "Running" look at the bar at the bottom. Should tell you how much memory is free. Do you have a lot of old text messages stored in the messaging app? Try deleting some old conversations
Chad Burr wrote:

i have about 200MB free because it keeps changing a bit and i deleted some old messages but there wasnt many. i tried messaging myself again but still not working.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

What about internal storage space, is it less than 20mb
Chad Burr wrote:

no, the storage says i have a total space of 1.69GB
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Total free? I'd still try deleting more older conversations
Chad Burr wrote:

i've deleted all older conversations. also, when i open messaging it says "currently unable to download, please try again later" in a pop up notification but i have full bars.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Try again to clear the cache and data for your messaging app.
Chad Burr wrote:

still unable to do that.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Do you have data turned on? Maybe someone sent you a picture message?
Chad Burr wrote:

they are not picture messages because i have contacted the people in other ways and they said they sent me a normal text message. it was working last night this is the first day its not working but i've also noticed i will get peoples text messages late lately.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I'd like to rule everything out before I tell you to call tech support. Turn your data on please if it is not already and see if your messaging app loads.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Send yourself a test message. If it doesn't show up quickly on the phone, put it into airplane mode and then return it to normal. You can try application manager=>Messaging and deleting the cache and the defaults (bottom right corner of the screen). Reboot the phone. Your message will probably magically appear, along with any others in the backlog. Many complaints about calls going to voicemail directly, delayed messages with Android 4.4 & Samsung. Not limited to Koodo. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/going-right-to-voice-mail http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/samsung_galaxy_s4_4_4_2_connectivity_issue
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Send yourself a test message. If it doesn't show up quickly on the phone, put it into airplane mo...

We tried that Bob,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Send yourself a test message. If it doesn't show up quickly on the phone, put it into airplane mo...

I'm sure everything has been tried at least twice. Seems like only option may be a factory reset, which will trash all the downloaded apps and settings and maybe solve the problem temporarily. Some people with this headache are on their third replacement phone. I've seen the evil twin of this thread on just about every North American carrier's site, always dealing with Galaxy series & Kit Kat (4.4.2). Sometimes magically resolved, but usually not.
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

I would prefer you didn't trash the entire Galaxy line, but there it is. Tbh The Ace IIx is an entry level Android with many issues. I've had one myself and it was a mistake. Koodo should burn the stock of it that's left.

Preferably, Autumn should try downloading and using a third party messaging app like Chomp (my favorite) or GoSmsPro

If you still have a problem after that Autumn, you should call Koodo to see if tech support has any further suggestions before performing a factory reset. tech support calls are always free and they may suggest a factory reset anyway.

Please let us know Autumn, If they do have a solution for you or if one of the above apps solve your problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Galaxy probably receives a lot of attention due to their market penetration. Samsung probably has no more % problem units than anyone else, but in the complaint department, there is no safety in numbers!
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Okay