Koodo Community
Solved

Not receiving texts while abroad

• 30 April 2019
  • 2 replies

I've been in the US for almost a month now and have received only one text from a Canadian friend. At first I figured no one wanted to talk to me, but after messaging another friend using FB he told me that I wasn't responding to any of his texts. I'm worried that my family or boss may be trying to get ahold of me but I'll have no way of knowing.
Does anyone know why one text would make it through and not all the others? As well, will these texts come through once I make it back to Canada?
Thanks for any help
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 30 April 2019, 12:29

Texts are usually held on the provider's server for 5-7 days, after which they expire. Try removing the SIM, rebooting without, then re-inserting and re-booting one last time. That should refresh the network connection on your end. Check your network provider and make sure it's on automatic and not manually on a service other than AT&T or T-Mobile. Then try sending yourself a text.

If it still does not work you should then contact Koodo via Facebook or Twitter.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Texts are usually held on the provider's server for 5-7 days, after which they expire. Try removing the SIM, rebooting without, then re-inserting and re-booting one last time. That should refresh the network connection on your end. Check your network provider and make sure it's on automatic and not manually on a service other than AT&T or T-Mobile. Then try sending yourself a text.

If it still does not work you should then contact Koodo via Facebook or Twitter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is everything else working? Incoming calls, are they getting all the texts that you send?
Have you tried simply restarting the device?