Koodo Community

Community

Solved

not receiving texts

Just recently I have not been receiving a lot of texts that people send me. The odd one gets through, but many don't arrive, and I find out later. My phone recently upgraded to android 4.3, which has caused other problems. Is this related or a separate Koodo issue, since it's instant messages through my phone #?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
That's odd. Since you have Android 4.3, it's a Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus, correct? If not, which is it? Are you using a 3rd-party SMS App you downloaded from the Google Play Store (or another source) or using the SMS App that came with the phone?
Nexus 4 with SMS app that came with the phone. I've googled this question and it seems to be related to the update. I know Skype no longer works since the update to 4.3. That's annoying too....shuts off my phone! But the texts not getting through seems like a Koodo issue since they're my provider.
Userlevel 6
Lara wrote:

Nexus 4 with SMS app that came with the phone. I've googled this question and it seems to be rela...

That's often the unfortunate price we Nexus owners pay for having the very latest version of Android. Skype though needs to update & they're usually quite slow. Android 4.3 is over a month old & still nothing. The likely cause is 4.3 uses a new video CODEX which isn't backwards-compatible with many video Apps. Skype is probably waiting for the Android 4.4 update (coming likely next month) until updating their App. As for the SMS though, I haven't had any problems. Have you tried backing up your Inbox (with an App like SMS Backup+ from the Play Store) then deleting all your messages? They'll be backed up if you used that App so no worries - you can restore them afterwards. If that doesn't help ... have you tried turning your phone off, removing the SIM for 5minutes then putting the SIM back in & powering it back on?
Lara wrote:

Nexus 4 with SMS app that came with the phone. I've googled this question and it seems to be rela...

I did remove my SIM card, although not for more than a few seconds...and was receiving texts fine tonight. I also cleared the cache on my messages (whatever that does). I had read about backing up messages but didn't know how, so thanks! I'll try those tips if I keep having trouble. Not too happy with the 'updated' OS! Thought of taking battery out too, but the Nexus has funky screws to hold it together. I liked my Nexus S better for that!
Userlevel 6
Lara wrote:

Don't try removing the battery - it'll void the warranty as it has a non-removable battery. The Nexus 4 is far superior to the Nexus S, come on now & you'll get 4.4 soon hopefully that'll be a smoother transition for you. Anyhow, hope the above tips will help solve the SMS problem you're having.
I have this same problem. Note 2 jb4.3 only some messages make it to me and some phone calls also don't get through. I turned lte off as I read on a site about this problem. That seemed to work but I'm getting friends still reporting that they can't send a message.