Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Not receiving text messages from one person

Userlevel 3
I've been having some trouble with receiving text messages the past couple of days. I can send and receive texts from everyone except for one person. When I send him text messages he receives them and when he sends me text messages they don't go through to my phone. We both have Samsung Galaxies, he has the S2 and I have the S4, and we're both on Koodo. How can we fix this problem? And before you ask, no, my texts aren't being ignored. I'm currently using Facebook chat to talk to this person because text isn't working lol.

41 replies

Userlevel 3
Also, this person can send and receive texts from others, it's just not working for us.
Rebecca A wrote:

Also, this person can send and receive texts from others, it's just not working for us.

You have to check your spam#'s I had the same problem. I changed my contacts name and for some reason the # was sent to a spam folder. Once I removed # I was able to receive all txt msgs
Userlevel 1
Try restarting your phone. and getting him to restart his.
Userlevel 6
Hi Rebecca, if you're still experiencing issues, give us a call at 1-866-995-6636 from another phone, option #6. We'll have a look at it! Your friend should also contact his technical support! Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 1
Yannick wrote:

Hi Rebecca, if you're still experiencing issues, give us a call at 1-866-995-6636 from another ph...

Yeah if you want to be on hold 2+ house before you talk to a rep. Koodo is useless
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Hi Rebecca, if you're still experiencing issues, give us a call at 1-866-995-6636 from another ph...

We would ask you not to revive old threads.
To respond to your comment, you can choose the call back option and not wait on hold at all or contact Koodo through facebook or twitter dm.
Did you resolve this problem? I'm having exactly the same problem!
I'm having this problem aswell!! Very strange because I'm receiving texts from everyone else. The person I'm sending texts to receives them but I'm not getting hers.. Its been going on for 2 days now. I've tried restarting my phone and nothing works. I asked my contact to send a text to my husbands phone to test and it went through fine. Mine is the only one she can't send to. Hope someone can help!
Ann-Marie Cummings Baker wrote:

I'm having this problem aswell!! Very strange because I'm receiving texts from everyone else. The...

If they have an iphone or you do, its probably because of imessage. If so, are messages sent, but not recieved blue or green?
Userlevel 1

I'm having this problem aswell!! Very strange because I'm receiving texts from everyone else. The...

What is the phone the person who can't receive the messages using?
Userlevel 7

Since you can't receiver hers but she receives yours it sounds like you may have accidentaly blocked her messages (if this isn't an iphone we're talking about but say a samsung) If that's the case, messaging>text messaging> blocked senders, make sure her number is not in that list.

She has an iphone but she did a test and sent a text to my husbands phone(which is also a Samsung Galaxy S3) and he got it fine. I checked to see if I had accidentally blocked her number but it wasn't. She's the only one I don't get texts from. I have friends with iphones and I still get their texts. Very strange!

well..I ended up resetting my phone to factory settings. Luckilly I haven't had my phone long so I didn't have alot of personal info or apps on it. The result? It worked!!

how do you do that
same issue here Going to call Koodo today to try to fix this I will post when fixed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Open the messaging app. From the inbox, tap the menu button. (Bottom left corner, left of the home button on samsung phones). There should be an option to view spam messages. Tap it. Odds are that your missing messages are all in this folder because the number has been accidentally marked as spam. Long press one of the messages and you should have an option to remove it from the spam list.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Open the messaging app. From the inbox, tap the menu button. (Bottom left corner, left of the h...

It worked! My phone is a Galaxy light so the keyboard is small and I often end up hitting buttons without meaning to. Went to the spam folder and I found a treasure trove of lost messages! Thanks for this info!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Open the messaging app. From the inbox, tap the menu button. (Bottom left corner, left of the h...

Thanks so much. I had this problem for months and couldn't figure it out. That fixed it!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Thank you it worked!

Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yay this has worked for me thanks
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Had this problem for a year. THANK YOU! O2 and car phone warehouse never even mentioned spam messages existed!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

What about for iPhone 5c
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

GREAT  JUST WHAT I NEEDED I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT CHECKED BUT THERE IT WAS  AND ALL THE TEXT SHE SENT WAS WHERE YOU SAID    WOW THANK YOU...
I am having the same issue and I have tried everything and nothing has worked
I'm having this trouble too - not getting messages from one person 😞 No way do I want to reset to factory settings - I'll lose way too much. What's the solution Koodo??? Looks like this has been going on for a while based on some of these messages. 😞 I have a MotoG -