Koodo Community

Community

Solved

not getting missed calls when my phone is off/out of battery

I was so frustrated today when I met an amazing girl who called me to have me get her number since I had no battery.. when I get home and and charge my phone up I don't get any missed call or number.. Koodo, come on, I was happy and now you are letting this customer down.. Can't you look in your records and give me the number(s) that called me? I will  gladly pay a reasonable fee for this service (even if the issue is a product of a deficiency of Koodo's) 

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Do you have your voicemail setup? It should have answered the call for you and taken a message if she left one. Try calling into the voicemail center and pressing 5 once her message starts playing. The system should tell you her number at that point. Idt the call will even register on the device as missed if it's off (I may be wrong) so it probably went straight to voicemail. As far as getting her number. Try posting an ad on craigslist or kijiji under missed connections. Explain all the details of your meeting that you remember . maybe she will see your ad and contact you again. Good luck.
Chad Burr wrote:

Do you have your voicemail setup? It should have answered the call for you and taken a message if...

Thanks for your comment! Really appreciate it. Well, you're right, if she waits for the tone the message and phone number go through. Unfortunately she didn't. So yes, the call goes out the window forever. Other companies have an automatic text system to make sure you get all your missed calls even when your phone is off. I'm just surprised koodo doesn't. Ah well, Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Do you have your voicemail setup? It should have answered the call for you and taken a message if...

I feel your pain
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Chad yesterday i lost a Very Important Call like you not the same but important  ,So customer service help you ? they have register from the last calls ?
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi friend, unfortunately koodo's customer service doesn't seem to give much attention to their customers' frustrations, either that or this blog isn't read by their staff. So no, unfortunately no answer or solution so far.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You're kidding right Ray? Please take a look at the myriad of other threads where not only koodo service reps stepped in to help but higher up management stepped in.

I think we provided by far the best answers to this question. Unfortunately a solution isn't always possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A text, email, voicemail, or even old tech pencil & paper would have met your needs.  Since she has your number in her outgoing calls list, if she really wants to connect with you, she can call again.
David wrote:

A text, email, voicemail, or even old tech pencil & paper would have met your needs.  Si...

I agree with you on everything. Only thing is when you're sort of focused on the flow of conversation with somebody you might not necessarily think of all the details. I am used to having texts sent to me afterwards I missed a call when my phone is off. It's just a system si many companies have and koodo simply doesn't. And yes, my only solution left is she call back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

A text, email, voicemail, or even old tech pencil & paper would have met your needs.  Si...

I've found something like this effective in such situations.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

dfbutt --- you should go and visit the Museum of Printing http://museumofprinting.org/

if you are ever in that area.
David wrote:

looooool you guys.. The cards are nice but quite pricey.. the museum of printing? lmao I should have thought of that haha

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Had a personal tour from Ray Romano when I visited. They are what customer service is all about. Spent the rest of the day shining up the 1976 ATF Model B Typesetter that I grew up with, and left them a donation.

Some times the old-style manners, where you would never receive a.gift without sending a SINGLE thank-you note, are sorely missed. Nowadays, too many email exchanges and comments are needlessly endless/pointless.
Userlevel 7
Rogers/Fido currently have the "WhoCalled" feature, which sends you a text with the date/time and phone # of who was trying to reach you. I believe it's been exclusive for years. As is Name Display - see the account holder's names of people and businesses calling even if they're not in your contacts. The only thing is I've gotten way more calls going straight to voicemail and no notification on my phone with Rogers than when I was with Telus... 😕
what can i do ? customer service have logs from last call ?  a important person try to call me but my cell battery was off ? i need this number  is really important for me    what can i do ?
Userlevel 7
arturo medin wrote:

what can i do ? customer service have logs from last call ?  a important person try to call ...

Did you read this conversation? Not much if they didn't leave a message.