Koodo Community

Community

not accepting the PIN for my voucher

Hi,

I successfully activated a new sim purchased at walmart yesterday. It came with 20$ of credit and that is properly showing in my account.

However, during the sign-up/activation there was an opportunity to also enter a voucher, so I did.

I think this was a mistake or I discovered a corner case in the code, because the 15$ voucher from Husky was NOT added to the account AND I can't enter that voucher separately as a top-up now after activation.

The phone is working and able to make calls. The account correctly shows that I spent 5$ of the 20$ activation bonus leaving a $15 credit HOWEVER it keeps rejecting my attempts at topping up using the voucher from Husky.

The error shown is:
"Voucher # 1941XXXXXXXX could not be processed.  Please verify the Top-up PIN and try again."

Where the XX number above is actually the PIN shown on the receipt from Husky.

I would really like that $15 I spent placed on my account please...

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you buy a SIM card, you get 20$ on your account. This is, from what I understood, already on your account atm. 

On top of that you bought a 15$ voucher from a store called Husky but it's not working? Did you try and contact the store that sold you the voucher to see if they didn't make a mistake on their end?
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

When you buy a SIM card, you get 20$ on your account. This is, from what I understood, already on...

@Robert, I think what OP is saying is that she bought a Koodo pre-paid sim at Husky gas bar (like Ultramar) for $20, but Husky has a promo where when you buy it from them, they throw in an additional $15 activation credit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

When you buy a SIM card, you get 20$ on your account. This is, from what I understood, already on...

That following sentence confused me 

I successfully activated a new sim [b]purchased at walmart yesterday. It came with 20$ of credit and that is properly showing in my account.

If that's the case, then she should contact Husky gas bar before contacting Koodo.
Robert wrote:

Both of you are right: 
a) the sim is from walmart and included 20$ credit
b) the voucher is from husky and had 15$ credit

I can't enter the pin from husky to get the 15$ credit without getting the error message detailed above.

I DID enter the pin without error while activating the SIM. The page cheerfully accepted the pin and listed it and offered to accept more vouchers. It was validated during my activation of the SIM. [i]Therefore it can't be Husky's problem. It is Koodo's problem. I already watched Koodo accept the PIN as valid and show me the credit -- it just wasn't persistent credit 😞

Like I said, I don't think it's anything really on Koodo's part. Just a corner case that wasn't considered when activating a SIM which also had built-in credit and adding a voucher at the same time. Total swag (scientific wild ass guess).

The fact remains that I'm currently out $15 and Koodo accepted the pin for that voucher already, so it was valid. I just didn't get the credit for it. Not Husky's problem.

Thanks for your quick replies; i ididn't expect that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Unfortunately we are not able to do billing adjustments. An employee on here, if around, could, but their availability varies. Since the system appears to have had a hiccup with your particular situation, I'd send a private message to Koodo via Facebook or DM via Twitter and it should get resolved quickly.
Robert wrote:

Yes, thank you.@titaniumtux seems to have drawn the same conclusion re the code, which was also my thought. thanks very much for weighing in on the likely reason.
Userlevel 6
@Ruby: your best bet would be to call Koodo 866-99-KOODO. By explaining the issue, they'll likely credit the pre-paid account the $15.
Hope that helps.
titaniumtux wrote:

@Ruby: your best bet would be to call Koodo 866-99-KOODO. By explaining the issue, they'll...

thank you@titaniumtux I will do that tomorrow!
good to know i wasn't missing something obvious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

@Ruby: your best bet would be to call Koodo 866-99-KOODO. By explaining the issue, they'll...

Call out in the morning so you don't wait a lot or message them through GM (www.m.me/Koodo)
titaniumtux wrote:

thanks, i'll do that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In self serve, what is the amount on your account right now and what do you think it should be?