Koodo Community

Community

Solved

NO WIFI CONNECTION on two different phones.

My husband and I just upgraded our phones last night for a LG G3 and. HTC ONe M8. Neither one will connect to WIFI. They get stuck in the SEarching for IP Address loop. Spent 5 hours last night searching the web. I guess this is a commen problem, yeah. Changed the IP address to static. Phones then say they are connected but you cannont go on Internet or download emails or anything, so saying its connected is useless. I have also tried all the turn off the router and phone and reboot amongst other things. NOTHING WORKS, so frustrated. These are brand new phones. We also have an IPAD, Netflicks, a Samsung ace 2 and an iPhone 4 which worked fine on this wifi. What good is a phone if you can't use the wifi EVERYWHERE!! Please help.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Does your router have a wps button?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Check out Rikkster's answer here: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/wifi_connection-1id13u?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=12968957#reply_12968957
Chad Burr wrote:

Simple solution was to go get a new router, chose a ac1200. Worked like a charm.
No it's an older d-link router.
Userlevel 7
Jennifer Chato-Hallett wrote:

Some of the older routers have pushbutton wps as a software button accessible through the router menus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Some older d-link routers had a firmware upgrade a while back because they were not playing well with some cell phones, mainly Samsung models. Check out the d-link support site to see if yours is one of them.

Got into my wifi protected system , but I don't know what I'm doing. It says generate new pin?

Went and got a new router. Bingo !
Userlevel 5

awesome !!  Glad to hear that resolved issue 🙂
Userlevel 7

That's great, everyone likes a new router