Koodo Community

Community

Solved

NO sound for notifications - messaging & e mail

Samsung Galaxy Ace 11X has no sound for notifications (E mail & text messages). In setting I don't know how I can de mute. the icon shows it as muted. HELP please

5 replies

Userlevel 7
There's a volume control on the right side of the device. Press and hold the top of it and the notification volume should be adjusted. Also press and hold the power button until a dialog box oops up. Make sure you're not in silent mode.
Chad Burr wrote:

There's a volume control on the right side of the device. Press and hold the top of it and the no...

the volume on my samsung galaxy ace 2 is on the left side, but it adjust the overall sound volume. All my sounds work except for notifications. The power button only brings up "flight mode, silent mode, etc. Again, it is overall sound. All my sounds work except for notifications. The main screen has an icon in the upper left corner that indicates mute I believe, but everyting works fine except for notifications. thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tap on the notification bar at the top of the screen and drag down. drag the row of green icons to the left you will see an icon for notifications tap it so it turns green. your notifications should be back on now.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Tap on the notification bar at the top of the screen and drag down. drag the row of green icons ...

thanks sooooo much Timo. You can't even imagine how much time I've spent on this one.... and asking people. You are a wonderful person. Thanks again. All the best. Cheers. Dave Allis
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Tap on the notification bar at the top of the screen and drag down. drag the row of green icons ...

Thanks so much I used this info and managed to get my sound working I understood all your instructions great info.