Koodo Community

Community

Solved

NO SIM Error on Cyanogenmod 10.1 (HTC Evo 3D GSM)

I have an unlocked HTC EVO 3D from Rogers, and I would like to use Cyanogenmod 10.1. When I install CM10.1 or any other ROMS based on JellyBean 4.2, I get a no SIM card error. So far, I have seen another person on XDA forum, who is using the same phone on Telus network. To confirm my theory that the problem is with Koodo/Telus, I went to Virgin mobile store today to test a Virgin SIM card, and it worked just fine. Anyone aware of issues with Android 4.2-based ROMs and compatibility issues with Koodo/Telus?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I haven't run CM since my Nexus One, so I can't give you an exact answer... but on my Galaxy Nexus with stock 4.2 (rooted, of course) 😃 Koodo works flawlessly. I'm sure this is a silly question, but did you actually confirm that the SIM card is all right?
Sophia wrote:

I haven't run CM since my Nexus One, so I can't give you an exact answer... but on my Galaxy Nexu...

Hi Sophia, I am using boot manager and switching back and forth between an ICS and JB. On ICS, everything is working as expected. CM10 works fine as well, it's just CM10.1 that doesn't seem like it is supported. If have a feeling that Koodo might be blocking access to SIM card on 4.2 JellyBean on non-Nexus devices for some reason.
Userlevel 7
Keep in mind 10.1 is still in a development stage for most devices. Try a different nightly to see if you still have the issue and you should also be sure to report the bug using the proper channels. Make sure you mention that you're using a dual boot configuration because you never know if that might be part of your problems. I did run a 10.1 nightly for a day and had no issues with data access but had lots of fc issues so out it went back to CM10
Chad Burr wrote:

Keep in mind 10.1 is still in a development stage for most devices. Try a different nightly to se...

Hi Chad, I tried many variants of 4.2 JB-based ROMS (sorry if I'm not using the right terminology), including Paranoid Android, CM10.1, AOSP, and a couple others that uses a combination of elements from the first three. Originally, I flashed the device without using Boot Manager, and I can almost guarantee that the problem is not with the device or custom ROMs I tried for two reasons. 1. Only other person that I know who is having the same problem is based in Gatineau, QC on Telus. 2. I tried Virgin mobile SIM card and it worked without a glitch. I'm "new" on XDA, so I don't have posting privileges yet. But the other user I mentioned above brought this up to the attention of developers, and the responses he got were to "try a different SIM". I appreciate your feedback. Cheers,