Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no sim card, no service

Userlevel 1
I've tried removing the sim card and re-inserting it, turning airplane mode on and off, powering down but with no success.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Ask for a swim swap
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So it also doesn't recognize that you hav inserted a Sim card? If possible try the Sim card in another phone to see if th problem follows.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Liz.

Did you recently change phone, can we have some more details so we can offer a better answer? Did you pay your bill?
Userlevel 1
Robert wrote:

Hello Liz.

Did you recently change phone, can we have some more details so we can offer a better...

Hi Robert.  I changed phones over a year ago but I recently upgraded to Medium with 1GB available data since with my previous data, I had gone over and Koodo shut me down.  The phone was re-instated five days ago with the new Medium plan.  Do you think the problem lies there?    My bills are always paid in advance of the due date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Liz.

Did you recently change phone, can we have some more details so we can offer a better...

Changing plans shouldn't cause problems. I changed plans via self-serve and never had a problem.

Did you play with the settings on your phone maybe? Disabled 3G?
Userlevel 1
Robert wrote:

Hello Liz.

Hi again Robert, The only thing I tried on my settings was the airplane mode (on and off).  I don't know what 3G is.  Kindly enlighten me.   Thanks.   🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Liz.

If you don't know what it is, then the chances that you turned it off are near zero, so no need to enlighten you with technical difficulties that won't be of use in the near future. 

I would suggest contacting Koodo via FB or e-mail in order to troubleshoot this problem!
Robert wrote:

Hello Liz.

What is the email?
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Hello Liz.

Honestly you're better off sending a Facebook message or Twitter dm Here's the link to message Facebook http://m.me/koodo
Userlevel 1
Thanks Goran but I don't have another phone.  It looks like I will need to go to a Koodo shop to see what the problem is.