Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no service emergency calls only?

My phone is telling me im not registered on the network and ive tried all i can think of and nothing worked i cant make or recieve calls or texts. Also can only use internet on wifi... i need help.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Tamara. Please explain to us what happened in order for this to happen? Out of nowhere?
If you have 2 G under the mobile networks, make sure there is no check mark there otherwise, pull out the battery and sim while the phone is on and replace after 30 seconds. Then try to search for a network.
Yes out of nowhere i used my phone all morning then sat down to make a call and when i dialed thr numberabox came up saying not registered on the network emergency calls only
I did pull out sim anf battery both when phone was on ans off didnt change anything
If you don't have the 2G then make sure your network mode under the mobile networks is set to auto then try a search for the network. Good luck.
I did all of that. Didnt work. And my phonr is a 4 g not 2. There is not even an option showing that anywhere in the asettings anyway. The network is set to auto and cant even call koodo to ask
Userlevel 4
Tamara Rose wrote:

I did all of that. Didnt work. And my phonr is a 4 g not 2. There is not even an option showing t...

Even though your phone is 4g, there is still an option in the phone to enable 2g (not too sure why since no one uses it) or the alternative in the phone for that setting is in the Network Mode and it would be labelled as GSM ONLY What kind of phone do you have?
Userlevel 6
Tamara Rose wrote:

I did all of that. Didnt work. And my phonr is a 4 g not 2. There is not even an option showing t...

Koodo does not run on 2G or Edge. Koodo runs on 3G, 4G and LTE. What kind of phone do you have Tamara?
Tamara Rose wrote:

I don't think Tyler is implying to use the 2G. He is just explaining why it is on the phone.
Tamara Rose wrote:

hi. so i am new to koodo. i have a samsung galaxy J1 and all i am getting is emergency calls/no service whenever i follow the above instructions. what do i do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tamara Rose wrote:

Did you servie work until now? Have you made recent changes?
Tamara Rose wrote:

It hasn't been working since I got it
Userlevel 7
Tamara Rose wrote:

Have you activated your sim?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried living it closed for 2-3 minutes before opening it?
If you can get to a landline then call tech support at 1.866.995.6636 and option #5 for tech.
Is your account paid? or your services suspended?
Yea my axcount is paid and protected from suspension i spoke to koodo yesturdau. Also when ur service is suspended u are still able to call *611. I cant do that at all. Its the network im qpparently not registered on and i just got this phonr so i dpnt know if its the phone. I never had this probelm before
Userlevel 4
Tamara Rose wrote:

Yea my axcount is paid and protected from suspension i spoke to koodo yesturdau. Also when ur ser...

Even though your phone is 4g, there is still an option in the phone to enable 2g (not too sure why since no one uses it) or the alternative in the phone for that setting is in the Network Mode and it would be labelled as GSM ONLY What kind of phone do you have?
Userlevel 7
Tamara Rose wrote:

Yea my axcount is paid and protected from suspension i spoke to koodo yesturdau. Also when ur ser...

Tyler (virtual star)
Tamara Rose wrote:

Im having the same problem i just got a s3 pre owned, my bill is paid. im on a lte network when not making calls but when i do call soeone or they call me it turns off and says im not registerd to the network. Please help
Userlevel 7
Tamara Rose wrote:

Dud u try the suggestions above?
Tamara Rose wrote:

Yes
Userlevel 2
Tamara Rose wrote:

Hey Mark, please give our Technical Support a call. They will be able to provide you with assistance to try and get your issue resolved. *611 Option 6.