Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No service and no receipt

I bought a Samsung galaxy on a tab a couple weeks aago with koodo. 2 days ago the phone said no service and can't make calls or use Internet or anything. (3G and everything is on and the SIM works in other phones) I called customer support and they tried to get me to manually connect it to koodo again and it didn't work. They told us to go to the store and they'd see if they could fix it and if not they'd replace it. We took it to the store and they didn't try to fix it or even look at it. But they said we could get it replaced. We lost the receipt so they couldn't replace it. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck with a broken phone?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Did you try to do a power cycle? Turn the phone off, take out the battery and SIM card for 45 seconds, put them back in, turn the phone back on. This MIGHT solve your issue. If it's been under 14 days you should be able to do a return/exchange wherever you activated the phone, and they should have a copy of both your agreement and invoice at their store. Otherwise you should also have a 1-year manufacturer's warranty. Contact Koodo at *611 or 1-866-99-KOODO (56636).
Userlevel 7
Jru Gordon wrote:

Did you try to do a power cycle? Turn the phone off, take out the battery and SIM card for 45 sec...

It's fifteen days