Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No service

Just bought a new note 4 and it was working just fine then all of a sudden it says that I don't have service.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Toggle network on an off and airplane mode. Restart your phone. Pop out your Sim card and back in. If you still are getting no service g into networks and select manual an wait1-2 minutes until th list populates and see if Koodo pops up and try to connect if it does. If possible put the Sim card in another phone to see if the problem follows. If it does you're going to need to get a new Sim card. If not then your phone is the culprit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you're still not happy with the above solution, go back to where you bought it. They can test a known-to-be-good SIM in your phone and a known-to-be-good phone with your SIM.
I have had the same problem and fixed it by turning off the phone and then turning it back on. Somewhere I read that it will reset the phone but I'm not sure why one needs to reset it. It does become MADDENING when someone has been trying to reach you and you don't know it until hours later or you get a where are you email message!
Userlevel 7
First thing to try is powering down your device and removing the sim card and, if possible, the battery Wait a minute and then reinstall the sim and battery. Restart your device. Didn't work? Check and be sure you're not in Airplane or Flight Mode. Still not working? Navigate to your settings and mobile network settings. Be sure that: Network Selection is set to Automatic USE 2G Only or USE GSM ONLY isn't selected Network type typically should be "GSM\WCDMA PREFERRED" Still not working? Change NETWORK SELECTION to Manual The device will perform a scan which could take up to 2 minutes. You'll be presented with a list of available networks. Choose Koodo or Telus from this list.Note: Doing this disables international roaming. Should you ever want to roam in the future you'll need to change this setting back to automatic If your device still isn't working, check and be sure your bill is paid up and then give Tech support a call. It's free. You can reach Customer Service Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 4
Hi John! Were you able to get service back on your Note 4? Did the suggestions from our Community resolve your issue? Thanks for letting us know :) 
Userlevel 1
I had a Note 2 about a year and some ago and I tried everything with Google and Samsung they gave me refurbished phones and still had the same problem Samsung would not admit to a problem and exactly when my warranty was up they said there was nothing they could do that I was stuck with that phone even though I had sent in my last one for repair a week before warranty was over the day I received it back was about 3 days after my warranty. And they said there was nothing they could do even though the agent that took my phone and said they would make sure I was happy I no longer own a Samsung phone and have switch to LG and the LG is working really find Samsung has a problem with their phones and will not admit to it good luck maybe we will find a solution for you