Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No service

Userlevel 1
My phone all of a sudden says no service, where I know for a fact there is service( my husbands phone is fine, we are sitting side by side and are on the same account) how can I get this fixed?

28 replies

Userlevel 2
First troubleshooting step ever. If you battery is removable. Take it off and turn the phone back on. By power cycling the phone you will do a soft network reset. Hopefully it works. If not. Tell us what kind of phone you have.
Xavier wrote:

First troubleshooting step ever. If you battery is removable. Take it off and turn the phone bac...

I have an iphone 4 and am having the same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xavier wrote:

First troubleshooting step ever. If you battery is removable. Take it off and turn the phone bac...

Have you tried restarting the phone? Have you tried putting the SIM card in another phone? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Xavier wrote:

Have you made sure 3G is turned on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone do you have?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

What phone do you have?

I have an I phone 4s and it keeps saying no service and I am sitting beside someone with service  I have tried turning the phone off and on didn't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

What phone do you have?

Have you tried any of the suggestions posted on this thread?
Type of phone?
Userlevel 1
It is an iPhone 4
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the suggestion...will try it
Userlevel 1
Couldn't remove the battery but tried the reset trick like on an iPad....press and hold the power and home buttons at the same time until it turns off then wait for the apple logo....thanks all!
Userlevel 3
Put the phone into airplane mode for 15 seconds and turn it back off. If this doesn't work you may want to contact tech support for further assistance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also go to settings->cellular (ios 7) or settings->general->cellular (ios 6) and make sure that enable 3G is set to 'ON'.
I'm still getting no service emergency calls only on my phone. It is a Samsung Galaxy lll. I 've taken back a couple times to yhe store. They put a new sim card in it. ...which I had to pay for...but it is still doing it. I called Koodoo tech support and am waiting for a call back. I have been able to make calls but I don't like it cause its like a false alarm.
My phone is saying no service
I have restarted my phone, tried taking out the sim card, and looked to see if my account is all paid up, which it is. HELP
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Roche wrote:

I have restarted my phone, tried taking out the sim card, and looke...

Taking sim card out and restart again.

Was it working before?  
Craig Roche wrote:

My phone has no service
Userlevel 5
Craig Roche wrote:

Hey Jasmine! You should remove/reinsert the battery (if applicable) as well as the SIM card: it refreshes the phone system.

Let us know if it worked.

Thanks!
Craig Roche wrote:

I'm getting no service as well. Iphone 5s just east of Calgary by about 20 minutes. Always have service here. Is the network down? 
Userlevel 5
Craig Roche wrote:

No reported issue Darren! Please turn OFF/ON your iPhone. If rebooting your phone didn't work, you may try some of the following steps: deactivate and reactivate your LTE/3G (Settings-Cellular-Enable LTE/3G). If it's not working, you may need to reset your network settings (Settings-General-Reset-Reset network settings).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Craig Roche wrote:

it's work when I turn on 3G but it's will lose lots of battery and when i turn off 3G my phone go no service again. I've try to reset network settings but it's still the same. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Roche wrote:

Koodo does not have a 2G network. If you turn off 3G,your phone will not work. Rogers is the only provide in Canada with a 2G network.
Craig Roche wrote:

my alcatel onetouch keeps sayin no service and i have still have mins its on it 
Userlevel 5
Craig Roche wrote:

Hey David,

Are you still experiencing issue? Please let us know.

Thanks
Craig Roche wrote:

Yah this "no service" keeps on happening to me also. I have turn on and off my phone too. It happens out of the blue and even today up in the lefthand corner it says "No Service" without me having done anything.. is this either Koodo's way of saving money or legitimate maintenance issues or they just don't like me as a client and want me to go somewhere else for my service? I'm using a Motorola G2 . I find this issue to be most unprofessional, unreliable and iffy. How can one continue to use their service when it's like this?