Koodo Community

Community

no sending or receiving MOST texts

I went away over march break to the USA (been with Koodo for 2+ years, and got a LG G5 about 4 months ago) ever since I've been back my phone will only send or receive random texts....theres no method....sometime I don't get my husbands text messages or friends and vise versa......happens a handful of times a day

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you restarted your phone since your return?
David wrote:

multiple times, no bueno
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Try pulling out your sim card, and putting it back then. If that doesn't doit, try resetting network settings by going to settings, backup & reset, network settings reset, reset settings. Let us know if it works. FYI I don't see it saying it for LG, but usually doing this will delete your wi-fi and bluetooth credentials.
David wrote:

I'll give it a try and report back later! Thank you!
David wrote:

done it all, will test it our the next 24 hours and see how it goes.

so no Bueno 😞 just this morning I actually stop receiving phone calls, the phone is going straight to voicemail.....my husband sent me texts at 6am from work......2 came through but only at 9am....
Userlevel 6
Trish Botting wrote:

so no Bueno 😞 just this morning I actually stop receiving phone calls, the phone is going straig...

This is all very strange. Never heard of such an issue. Only thing I can recommend at this point is a factory reset. If that fails, take it in for warranty (since you got the phone four months ago).
Trish Botting wrote:

so no Bueno 😞 just this morning I actually stop receiving phone calls, the phone is going straig...

I also have a lg g5 and am having this exact problem been going on for a month or so
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trish Botting wrote:

Do you have service and/or a strong signal? Does this happen all the time or only in certain place or with certain people?
Userlevel 3
Trish Botting wrote:

This is a known issue affecting LG G5 users on Android 7.0 Nougat. Users are unable to receive texts intermittently. There is no work around, waiting on Google and LG to release an update
Trish Botting wrote:

Ok makes sense as that's probably about the time I upgraded software
Trish Botting wrote:

I'm having the same issue!!!  Tried everything.  Sometimes not receiving 50% of text from various users (iPhone, Android....).  Tried everything with Koodo and LG customer service (re boot, etc.) and nothing is working.  Hope someone can find a solution.  My phone is now for sale....
Userlevel 6
Trish Botting wrote:

Hey Darcy, Can you check if automatic date/time is set in your settings?
Trish Botting wrote:

still happening, getting worse now....multiple people have sent me messages today....none have come through.....totally unreliable phone. Started in March and hasn't stopped
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trish Botting wrote:

Did you try a factory reset and seeing if the problem follows by putting g your Sim card in another phone?