Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No phone service with data disabled. Android 4.1.1

No ability to check recieve or make phone calls when data is disabled. I am using a Nexus S running Android ICS 4.1.1. I hit my data limit for the month, so I turned it off. When I recieve a phone call, it rings and I can answer it, but there is silence. Similarily when I dial a number, I can dial but it is silent. Is this normal? If not, any possible solutions?

9 replies

Userlevel 2
There was a previous issue with the audio for Nexus S that was resolved, but it seems some Nexus S' are still having the issue. Contact Koodo Tech and have a ticket logged.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

There was a previous issue with the audio for Nexus S that was resolved, but it seems some Nexus ...

First try pulling the battery and sim card and restarting the phone. That was the final step of last week's fix.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

There was a previous issue with the audio for Nexus S that was resolved, but it seems some Nexus ...

Was it? I didn't receive any communication about what to do for a fix, so I wasn't sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Yeah, when they announced that the outage was resolved they said to have customers powercycle. It's worked for everyone I've spoken to with this issue since then.
Myke wrote:

I forgot to mention but I have removed the battery and sim card, restarting the phone. I tried this twice and both times no change.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Was your phone on when you took out the battery?
Myke wrote:

Sorry, that was poorly worded. I turned off phone, removed battery, removed sim card. Put back together, and then turned the phone on. So no, phone was off when I took battery out.
Userlevel 4
Turn the airplane mode on. Turn the phone off. Wait 1 - 5 minutes. Turn the phone on. When everything is loaded, turn airplane mode off then test.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Turn the airplane mode on. Turn the phone off. Wait 1 - 5 minutes. Turn the phone on. When everyt...

I believe this solved it. However I have since turned my data back on in order to recieve phone calls. So I was forced to turn it off again prior to doing this set of steps. Maybe not actually recreating the problem to begin with. Either way I think it is working now. Thank you.