Koodo Community

No phone service

• 11 February 2019
  • 9 replies

My phone keeps saying emergency call only or out of service area. It's in my home. I have phoned from here and received calls from here. What happened? 4 days now.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
I would try to restart the phone first.

What plan are you on? have you checked in your self-service and see if everything was ok ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you reseat your sim card and restart? Does anyone else with Koodo/Telus in the area have issues? Does this only happen at your home or regardless of where you are? Does the problem of if you swap sim cards with another phone?
I have no idea what my neighbours do. I have restarted my phone. I have taken out the sim snd put it back in. My husbands phone is the same. The service works in my car out of the house.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan were you on now? it worked outside of your house? but not inside the house?
$55
per month
  • Unlimited minutes
  • 1 GB of Shock-Free Data
  • Unlimited messaging
Expand

It works outside of the house
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
$55per month
  • Unlimited minutes
  • 1 GB of Shock-Free Data
  • Unlimited messaging
Expand
It works outside of the house

How strong is the signal outside on your front door step?
Sometimes one or two bars but I had three bars in the house and still can't call out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone model was it? I would try to reset the network settings if possible.

If you have another phone, I would suggest you test the SIM in it and see if the problem was from the phone or the signal reception in your area.
LG K4 There won't be another phone here until my husband gets home from work. Thank you everyone for trying. I will check tomorrow if there is a Koodo store locally and I will go talk to them. Thank you.